Do the socks make the man?

I recently read an article that stated the socks make the man. I think that this is very true. I think the socks I guy is wearing say a lot about his personality. They peak out and say “I am dressing conservatively, but I can still have fun.” I personally hate when guys wear plain white socks, they are just so boring. If a guy is however wearing a pair with multiple colors, with stripes, polka dots or some other funky pattern, I will instantly give the guy huge bonus points.

Do any other girls feel this way as well?

I personally also like to wear funky socks sometimes knee sometimes with just crazy patters? Do any guys go through a similar thought process when looking at girls?

0|0
3|10

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to have fun with my socks. I only own one pair of white socks. When I buy socks I only buy one pair to that particular pattern. This becomes a pain when only one gets a hole in it :( I am not losing sleep over it though...lol. Socks are just one of those items of clothing that people ignore, but that if used right can make you stand out (pardon the pun).

As far as girls, I like enjoy when they wear fun socks, I think it shows part oo their personality, but I don't necessarily think that I would make a decision to date/not date a girl based on her socks.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Most guys wear socks only for utilitarian purposes. We'll wear white socks if we are going to be working out...and if we're not, we are considered gay if we wear brightly colored socks, often.

So give us a break! We don't have the freedom you girls do to be sockmen!

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, it's a shame...

• Show All
    • I am definitely not gay. There is also a difference between wearing bright yellow or pink socks, and wearing some navy socks with a pattern on them.

• A lot of people DO think it's a gay fashion statement, whether that;s reasonable or not isn't important!

• I'm terrified of socks, man. I'm terrified someone will see mine. I always wear tall boots, so it doesn't matter, but fuuck, I don't know why. I'd rather my trousers came down than someone see my socks.

0|0
    0|0
  • 99% of the time I'll be wearing crazy colored socks. The only time I wear white socks is when I'm working out, or in winter when it's super cold as colored ones tend to be a bit thinner.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only bother to look what color they are when I'm wearing a suit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear whatever I want, I don't care about what people says about me, when I shop socks I look for the ones I think i'm going to feel comfortable with them and I don't care about color, pattern or style. But yeah, when I'm with my friends they're like all of them wear plain black socks (crew or ankle) and I'm the one with the cool ones like grey polo with color accent ones or American eagle marled during winter but I also wear plain black, white or grey socks like everyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate Hate HATE not being able to match up socks. So as a rule I just get the same pairs over and over. Take that you clothes eating Washer/Dryer. :p

0|0
    0|0
    • Plus a guy might have fun boxers which goes to show that he can have fun but doesn't want everyone to know it. :D

• Always have worn white socks.Only wore black only 2 or 3 times in the past 20plus years. Terms of girls don't really care what kind.

0|0
    0|0
  • You hate plain white socks?! Good thing alm mine are balck

0|0
    0|0
    • plain black are only slightly better than plain white. I would much prefer something with a patter.

• When I wake up, I grab a pair of socks out of the drawer with my eyes closed. I use my plain white socks to express just how little I care about socks. Go f*** yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • But seriously, the first two sentences are more or less the truth. Have a nice day, and keep rocking colorful knee socks.

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm I can see this being true for the most part. But you shouldn't judge a guy off his socks. He may prove you wrong. White socks are generally used for working out/lounging around. Black socks are more dressy (and my fav). I've never seen a guy with polka dot socks or a funky pattern though lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • i never think about a guy's socks lol I just think you should wear regular socks but if you like those crazy colored socks that's cool to but wearing them out in public? that's a fashion dont

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't have the freedom to let their imaginations run wild. They'd be considered strange if they wore socks like ours. Too bad!

0|1
    0|0
    • Guy's choose not to have imagination. Why would they be considered strange?

• why in the world would anyone choose to not have an imagination?