How would you feel if your bride wore a red wedding gown?

Ever since I was a little girl dreaming of my wedding day like little girls do I ve always wanted a red or dark purple satin wedding gown :3. I told my boyfriend who is pretty traditional and he said he wouldn't like it too much but if it made me happy he would accept it...How do you feel about wearing a "odd" colored wedding gown or your bride to be wearing one ?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's exactly how I am (: except I want a light pink one. My boyfriend was kinda iffy about it too, just what I gathered from discussions with him. I found a pic one day on the internet of a gown...with the basic style that I wanted (corsetted, lace up back) and the baby pink color and I showed it to him. He had a great reaction...he told me "wow, baby, you are gonna look beautiful in that! I can't wait to watch you come down the aisle in that!"

Men are visual creatures...they have a hard time envisioning things so if you are really worried about it, try to find a picture of what you want and let him have a peek...if he can get an aesthetically pleasing picture in his head then you might get a more desirable reaction from him (:

What Guys Said 7

• If my girl looked and felt beautiful, I wouldn't give a crap wh at color the dress was, nor what anyone else thought about it. But I'm not super traditional. I'd be happy to be married on a beach in shorts and flip-flops (assuming I got married at all).

There's no reason a wedding can't be fun.

• If a white wedding gown signifies virginity, I'm thinking a red one is probably a good sign that the bride not only slept with the entire football team, but also all the employees at the local Walmart. If I were the groom I'd probably just slit my wrists at the rehearsal.

• Well I'm a mother its obvious I'm not a virgin...so if I wore a white dress wouldn't that be lying ?

• I'd think of it more as good public relations. ; - )

• I think red is traditional in china, though most chinese brides here seem to wear multiple dresses - a white one and a red one at _least_.

I think I'd be okay with it. Assuming those are your photos, you'd look good in red - but you'd look good in white too.

• Red is my favorite color, so she could go right ahead and wear it.

As long as she doesn't turn into Bridezilla before or after the wedding, we're going to be just fine. :)

• You exude self-confidence and charm. Me, not so much. ; - )

• I would love it. My family is super traditional and close-minded so anything that takes them out of their comfort zone is fine with me. I think a black wedding dress would be awesome too.

• i wouldn't care my sisters weddin I think she was wearing green. I trust my wife will have much more fashion sense than me

• red/purlpe it is. its YOUR wedding. be different and weddings are like beyond cool

What Girls Said 7

• You should have 2 dresses! A traditional white one for the church ceremony or whatever, and a red one for the reception, that way you're both satisfied.

• Maybe for your case maybe you can still do both get a traditional dress but in a soft red? I always thought of having a winter wedding and have a red cloak on top of a white dress.

• I LOVE IT! Especially if it's a back and white wedding you would stand out so much, and it's so original, it makes the actual wedding just about you two rather than following suit with the weddings before you.

• Mine is gonna be black so I'm down with the weird colors. but in some traditions a red dress is for wedding so yaay

• Since it is your big day you should be deciding what kind of wedding gown you want to wear, red is considered as a lucky color particularly in Asian countries besides during the ancient times wedding gowns are made from colored fabrics http://www.calicolaine.co.uk/fabrics.html

• umm that she's prob mid eastern.. or likes to veer off tradition.. to each their own.. if it makes you happy and doesn't upset your fam 2 much.. GO FOR IT :)

• i think you should go for it. it's your wedding :D I'd do gold