Is my weight a deal breaker?

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I feel bad, fat and ugly after I lost 150lbs. I need to know if my current weight is a deal breaker,

I am 5'11 and 208-210lbs.

Is this a turn off and deal breaker?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats still overweight. HOWEVER, that put you at, what, 360 before?

Lets just say your attractiveness and odds at getting a decent looking chick and your odds of living to 80 have all increased dramatically!

Sure you could probably lose a bit more, but you are on the home stretch my friend!

Also, I suppose we don't really know your body build. If you lost all that weight by working out, then you might have gained enough muscle that you should be at about 200 pounds and still be considered lean.

I know you have been relying on weight as an indicator of health for awhile now, and that was OK when you were over 300 pounds. But now you are not, so there are other things you should look for. If you are 208, but can bench 208, squat 300, and run an 8 min mile, then there's no reason for you to worry about being 208!

If your cholesterol and blood pressure are doing fine, then there's even less things to worry about.

So you can see, now that you have found yourself in a normal weight range, there are other indicators of heath to think about besides weight alone. So don't stress.

• its not muscle and look at my profile pic. That's what I currently look like

• Heavy means you don't look unheathy or gross. But you can see plainly you are overweight. Maybe you look worse with your shirt off, though most of it is in your head.

• how bad is it? like how fat do I appear

What Girls Said 6

• not a deal breaker.

• I don't want you to take this as me being a bitch or anything, but why don't you just wait until you've lost all of the weight you wanna lose?

• yeaaaah, you're being a little bitch.

• yeah 5'11, 208-210, sometimes it goes to 213 after I eat. I wear 38 jeans but when I use the tape measure it says 42.

Am I average?

• link

try this,

• I wouldn't really consider that heavy, just some extra "fluff," haha. I dated a guy who weighed about 50 pounds more than that and it didn't matter to me.

• nope

• It's more of a turn off than a deal breaker.

• how big of a turn off is my weight

• Look now. :-P

And it's like you didn't give a f*** about him losing the weight, just 'lose more' is all I hear.

• Exactly, he's insecure about his weight still. Lose more if you want to look better and feel better about yourself.

Isn't that what people do? If you're not happy with your current weight/new weight - work out some more. He lost over 100 lbs. Well, I'll be damn, I can't manage to lose 10 lbs.. He can do it again.

• Well... that depends on who it is you're trying to hook up with. I mean if she's got her own flaws, you're fine. But if you're trying to get with some chick who cares what she looks like and works to keep that up, she'll probably not be attracted to you. But it is my professional opinion that girls have lower standards than dudes.

What Guys Said 4

• First off, congratulations on losing over 100 pounds! That's an amazing feat, one that many who have never been that heavy will be able to appreciate. My hat is off to you.

You have a little bit further to go, but don't let that stop you. In fact, in more surveys that I've read, being too skinny is generally more of a turnoff for girls than being a bit over your ideal goal. Don't let that stop you from approaching women. Instead, focus on seeing yourself worthy of attention now that you've made such strong strides to improve yourself.

You are a rare breed to pull off what you've done.

Once again, my hat is off to you.

• but I'm not worthy

• Buddy, you are tall. Height is much, much more of a deal breaker for women than weight. The reason why women won't want to be with you right now is because you are fishing for excuses as to why you aren't worthy. Women hate,let me repeat that, HATE!, to be placed on a pedestal. If you learn to cultivate your brain, sense of humor and confidence in what you've already achieved, you'll go much further than by constantly feeling that you are "unworthy". Only abusive men are "unworthy" of a woman.

• I do NOT base everything on looks.. don't assume we all want some kind of model. Men with character and life experience is always nice, which you certainly have!

• Congratulations on losing weight. However, don't even think about girls until you feel comfortable with your body. Your insecurities will eventually get the better of you, even if you do happen to find a relationship. You need to whatever it is you need to do in order for YOU to be comfortable with YOURSELF. In your case, that means losing more weight and getting muscle until you feel comfortable with your weight and body. Don't even think about girls until you fix these things.

• Wow, congratulations on losing 150! pounds! Just take off 30 or 40 pounds more and you'll be stylin!

• am I still classified as fat?

• You're not morbidly obese, though 'fat" is in the eye of the beholder. But gee, you're so close to being where you wanna be you really need to go for it.

• Congrats on losing the weight!