Is Hydrogen peroxide a chemical, why women are putting it on their heads & still saying that they are natural?

Because I can understand if you want to color your hair, its fine its your choice! But don't lie and say that you are natural, when you clearly are not! lol I see women saying that, if you dye your hair then you are still natural, but when you relax your hair, then you are not natural! I mean don't they have the exact similarities in damaging the hair without precaution? Yes they do! Except one has Sodium Hydroxide, while the other has hydrogen peroxide! They both are chemicals, and so is ammonia, in which it ain't any better! They only natural color I do see is henna! So why are women saying that they are natural using Hyrdrogen peroxide and ammonia, but they are not natural using Sodium hydroxide? lol That I don't get!

0|0
0|2

What Guys Said 2

• All this talk about things being "all natural" or whatever, is pure marketing bullsh*t.

Firstly, a chemical is just the same, regardless of whether it was extracted from some plant, or synthesized in a lab.

Secondly, just because something occurs naturally, doesn't mean it's good for you - plenty of naturally occurring substances are poisonous, allergenic, carcinogenic, or otherwise harmful.

Heck, grizzly bears are 100% natural, but it doesn't mean they're not going to tear your face off, given half a chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sodium in water is a natural chemical, but mixed that with hydroxide will be a man made chemical, in which they make relaxers in there factories all the time! In which you will have women hair breaking off, hair loss, even alopecia! So anything man made as far as government goes, no it is not natural! Its just that simple! lol Yes you got natural chemicals that can be harmful if you take too much of it, but not as drastic as man made chemicals! Lets get that right! aleast a grizzly bear have

• Show All
    • As far as I can tell, hydrogen peroxide is synthesized and is not a naturally occuring substance (in its pure form). It is no more "natural" than using hair coloring products, and in fact hydrogen peroxide is an ingredient in virtually every permanent color and hair bleach product. If you're going to use hydrogen peroxide to color your hair, you may as well save yourself the trouble and just bleach it. It will give you much better results! Which is very harmful!

• I agree that you may as well use whatever works - but if you buy anything because it claims to use "all natural ingredients" or whatever, you are a sucker.

Whether or not a substance occurs in nature has absolutely nothing to do with how harmful it is to the human body.

Here, have a read of this: link

• The large majority of elements are found in nature. Water is a molecule H2O. Would you consider water natural? =) Hydrogen per oxide is H2O2, it is very similar to water and is created inside your body right now. It's is produced by specific cells in your immune system, neutrophils to be more exact. So what are you talking about when you say natural? Any time you alter your appearance whether it be high heels, makeup, hair dye, a push up bra, hair dye, etc. you are lying about how your really look. Why do you care? Let them live their life. Is there some sort of competition to be more natural then everyone else? =P

0|0
    0|0
    • Sodium in water is a natural chemical, but mixed that with hydroxide will be a man made chemical, in which they make relaxers in there factories all the time! In which you will have women hair breaking off, hair loss, even alopecia! So anything man made as far as government goes, no it is not natural! Its just that simple! lol Yes you got natural chemicals that can be harmful if you take too much of it, but not as drastic as man made chemicals! Lets get that right! aleast a grizzly bear have

• Show All
    • There is an entire field of chemistry called natural products chemistry which seeks out natural compounds found in plants and animals around the world, everywhere from in the forest to under the sea. They then classify these chemicals in laboratories, and if they have some novel use they will figure out a way to synthesize them so that they can be manufactured on a large scale. They are still identical chemically to the natural compounds.

• Anyway, as for hydrogen per oxide, when you use it hydrogen gas is released right away and then you are left with water. So hydrogen peroxide turns into water which you drink on a regular basis and hydrogen which is in the air you are breathing this very second. In industry it is used as a mild bleaching agent and a disinfected. It's not not what most people would consider a toxic compound. =)

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.