What do I do about my bitchface?

I am shy and have an unwelcoming face because I am always serious. I rarely smile unless someone makes a joke because when my face is relaxed it is rather serious/bitchy. People always tease me saying that I'm serious or it looks like I think I'm mad about something or that I think I'm hotsh*t. What do I do?

there's a guy at my gym who is really good looking that he makes me nervous so I barely look at him. He probably thinks I'm super serious and have bitchface so he even teases me and thing is when he jokes around I act angry because I am nervous (I act rude when I'm nervous) and when he greets me he doesn't answer me because he finds my bitchface funny. He approached me to use a machine with me trying to flirt with me and I left because I got nervous but he probably thinks I was annoyed by him or something and he laughed.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to work on smiling more, so that that becomes your faces default "rest" state, instead of just letting your facial muscles hang loose, where gravity can pull at them and make it look like you're pissed off all the time.

It'll be hard work at first. Your face muscles (like any muscles at the gym) need exercise to be strong. So work on it, and again like the gym, don't expect a quick fix. Smiling will have to become part of your training regime, in order to really see a difference in a few months.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I have this same problem! When I'm just holding my face normal, people always say I look mad or unapproachable. It's annoying really because I'm just standing there. I've gotten better at it, I find something to focus on, purse/lick my lips, start talking, anything that makes me adjust my face in the slightest. Because if I'm just sitting there not paying attention, there's that face again lol

• i wonder if I have this too. I don't smile naturally unless I'm amused, or find something funny too, or if I'm with people I enjoy. Other than that I don't walk around smiling for fear of looking like a smiling fool. haha

i hope you get some good answers, I may need to work on this too.

• ahaha I have the same problem too. so I don't have any good advice. sorry

• LOL , I have one too.

• I would suggest practicing making faces in the mirror.

But if you always look bitchy or upset... he may just be trying to cheer you up or get you to react differently or something.