Underweight = unattractive?

I'm 5'3 and I naturally weigh 47kgs. No matter what I do, I can't gain weight. Is this a problem? I feel like people judge me because I'm too skinny - they all think I'm anorexic or something, and no guys are attracted to me. what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only imagine how irritating it is to know people assume you have an eating disorder or are unhealthy in general. People don't realize that weight is sometimes NOT a reflection of lifestyle, but rather metabolism, hormones, etc. It goes both ways for those who are overweight AND underweight. There's a unique weight range that each individual's body is meant to be in, and yours just so happens to be below what the bullsh*t BMI standards consider to be "healthy."

Don't let it bring you down. You'd want a guy who's smart enough to know that, anyway ;)

• Thank you so much! it's honestly so weird how people just assume things, I've actually never checked my Bmi before.. my doctor's never mentioned I'm unhealthy. Hahah yes, hopefully there are some guys out there who look past the whole weight thing (:

What Guys Said 6

• I think it maybe a confidence thing. Just be yourself and don't worry about what other people think of you. Be confident and that will get guys attention.

• Your not even really underweight at at bmi of 18.42. You'll probably gain weight slowly as you age. Just try not to lose weight. At your weight I bet you look fine.

• If being overwieght is unattractive, then being underweight is also unattractive.

• but it's natural though

• It's hard to lose weight, I know because my mum is struggling with her weight, but it's not Natural to be overweight.. My body hasn't put on the weight, although I'm probably unhealthy (from the junkfood) on the inside. But people who are overweight weren't born overweight. it's from diet

• Your body is not the same as everyone else's body.

• models are usually 44kg! nothing wrong with your weight

• no such thing as too skinny.

• You're underweight. It's unhealthy!

• Really? You know what she eats? How active she is? What her blood pressure, glucose, heart rate, cholesterol, etc. are? Didn't think so.

• It could also be right too

• Romney has millions of dollars in his campaign, yet people love him

What Girls Said 6

• Count calories and make sure you are eating more than your RMR- the calories you burn just being you.

Find a calculator that will figure that number out online. Then log your calories and make sure you are eating 500 calories above that number. Eat it in who grains, protein, milk, fruits and veggies.

• you're only slightly underweight according to this link but this is for adults,it's normal for kids to weigh less than adults because you haven't fully developed yet.

• I used to be like you.

It was so hard to gain weight.

What I did (and it worked) was...

-Brought a lot of nutriment/ensure drinks.

-When I ate I made sure I didn't drink liquid until after.

If you eat and drink at the same time, you are more likely to get full off of the liquid.

• I used to be the exact same height and weight ! You're not that's skinny !

Now I've put some weight on, but when I was 47kgs each person I knew would compliment me on my body. Maybe we don't have the same body shape but id love to get back to those days :)

• you're so lucky! I think I'm a perfect weight, but apparently I'm too bony?! I'm sure you're beautiful as you are now :)

• well, they are your brothers so its somewhat normal.

where I live guys are really into slim girls, more thn curvy ones, so as long as you have an existant cleavage you're good :)

i just noticed you're under 18 ? your body isn't completely formed yet anyway

• haha yeah I guess so. I want to move there then, ha ha everyone here likes curves :s and yeah I'm 16 turning 17.. so I guess I still have time to change :) thanks

• so long as its healthy and you're confident with yourself not all :) and with your age you still have time to grow. I've just turned 18, I'm 5'2 and until recently have always been under 45kg even with muscle and my boyfriends have never complained. but I've found with healthy diet and exercise my body has naturally started to gain more weight. so long as you're healthy and happy damn what everyone else thinks :]

• thanks :) so you gained with healthy diet? I can't gain at all or if I do it's like 1lb a month..

• i didn't to begin with, but I found when I hit 18 it was easier to gain muscle and boost my weight a bit :)

• no

it's not unattractive.