Why don't you think you're beautiful?

So ladies why don't you? This has confused me lately

Most Helpful Girl

• I have very long features and was told at a very young age that I was ugly. Not just plain, but UGLY. The whole school, K-8, got on board on this one, so I figured they can't all be wrong. Unfortunately, it was a sort of "ugly duckling" syndrome, so when I finally transformed to a much more desirable-looking young lady, attracting the very male attentions of the very group of guys who initiated the insult, I was left confused and thinking that they were still making fun of me. And so, the long delicate features were accompanied by a biting sense of humor and an intellect that I had developed more than most girls had by my age "because I wasn't pretty" and because I "had a funny accent"... Now guys like the sort of "foreign" thing. Every once in a while a guy smiles and says I'm really off-beat, but since he sticks around from the first act to the grand finale I figure he's into what he sees. No harm, no foul.

I guess it was a good thing for me in the end. While I struggled with miserably low self-esteem for a long time, at least I don't have an ego the size of a Kardashian mansion... I can laugh at myself and can help people see the light glimmering between the darkest shadows. It's just my thing.

What Girls Said 14

• There's no answer to this, and thinking about it and all the reasons why you're NOT beautiful make you completely ignore anything that does. This doesn't mean I don't spend half (or more) my life worrying and obsessing over the most pointless details, can I do, and we all do.

But, it has always been friends, not attention that make me think (occasionally) all this worrying is a little bit stupid. The littlest things they say, from liking your hair to loving that slightly dolphin-esque laugh you hated,always makes my day.

Embrace the faults because if we were all perfect we'd be templates, and they're boring till they're colored in...

• Im insecure about myself and I think I'm average some people say I'm pretty and beautiful but I don't see it haha.

• I think, I'm average.

Why can't guys just accept that some girls are fine with being average, regardless of what others would say.

• i don't think you look average at all. what makes you think that you're average?

• Because I am? - I've learned to accept that I am average.

• guys criticize us a lot. even if we have one little flaw we are automatically ugly and they don't want to be near us. I've heard stuff like that from a lot of guys. they want flawless girls and nothing else.

• because I am insecure and assume the worst about myself because I'm the worst to myself.

• I don't really stand out, I'm pretty average, and I'm self conscious about my flaws like stretchmarks.

• i don't think there is anything that makes me stand out from others. and no one ever tells me ik "beautiful" so if you never hear it, it becomes hard to believe.

• because we aren't perfect. I wish I had perfect skin, but I don't and it makes me feel less attractive. that's my excuse :3

• your skin looks perfect to me

• just good days :3 usually I have tons of little red marks from zits unless I cover them with makeup :/

• Alot of people put us down even some ffriends can steep so low to hate on their friends and lower their self confidence but beauty is skin deep

• Because I have things I don't like about my appearance just like most people and I don't know I'm nothin special I guess haha. I think I'm alright looking but not beautiful lol

• Because my whole life I have been told that I am too fat and I'm not pretty enough,i have bad teethe, ugly hair, bad skin who would want to love something that ugly, certainly. Not me.

• because I have been told I'm ugly every day since I was a little kid

• i don't think that. but a lot of girls are insecure. don't know why.

• Because most girls are average. Why does everyone have to think they're beautiful? There's nothing wrong with accepting reality if it really is such. "Everyone is beautiful in their own way" is the stupidest thing ever.

Anyway, to answer the question, why don't I think I'm beautiful? Because according to popular opinion I am considered ugly and I've never even had a guy be somewhat interested in me. That's not having low confidence or self esteem. That's called being self-aware.

What Guys Said 3

• girls and guys wanna look better, even super models have insecurities, I don't understand why many girls have to feel beautiful... she should be happy with the way she looks because "if your mand don't tell ya every damn day how beautiful you are I'm tellin you right damn now yallre beautiful babies =P"

• who said they didn't... jk everybody has insecurity issues

why don't most guys on here think their penis is big enough?

• I am wicked hot.