Going to the opera, which dress should I get? I need to look amazing! :D

im 5'4

i like these dresses and am open to suggestions about accessorizing/ other dresses.

link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• I think both dresses look very elegant and no doubt you'd look great in either of them... Personally, if I was choosing for you, I'd go for the purple one, but it's such a close call and I'd probably end up buying both of them for you to wear on different occasions! lol

Ps. If you go for the green one, I think a delicate necklace with charm would look good to hold the gap around your neck/chest area... Although the purple one would not need that as the dress comes across your neck/chest anyway...

Yeah, I would definitely go for the purple one as my first choice, and yes, you will look amazing! ;o)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the opera!... :o)

What Guys Said 4

• The second one because you need a subdued color for the opera. I'd go with a simple little black dress or an A line. I think either of these dresses are overdoing it. You're too young to try for a 'diva' look at the opera. You can be fairly casual there.

• I like the second one (purple), so I'd go with that.

• the 2nd one in purple looks fantastic!

• The first one without a doubt! I see I'm in the minority here, but I think it would look best on your body. Have fun.

What Girls Said 9

• The first is a no, no, because it's too loud & too old for you. The 2nd may be also. I'm not sure how old you are, you didn't say. While 2 to beautiful, it may be to colorful & to old for you. What do you think of this? It's my favorite, very classic, stunning, you would look amazing, like a knock out. Wear some tasteful, colored heels, & jewellery with it.

link

link

or this?

link

• ooo thanks I really like the second link!

• Me too, and I think you could get a lot more use out of it too. You know, dress it up, dress it down. Mix it up with very different accessories. It could be a very fun dress, and it's a classic, it will go for years. Even switch out the belt, etc.

• The green one looks more classy imo, as the purple has a more common cut.

• eye roll... I wear jeans to the opera.

• i've never been one to dress down. & the people I'm going with are dressing up.

• vivian, It's interesting to note you have been listening to opera for longer than your country has even existed...

• ok obviously you don't have a real point here. Its called history. I'm not commenting on this anymore its a waste of my time.

• i love the deep purple dress... it's gorgeous. you should wear a cuff bracelet with it.

maybe something like this: link

• I love them both, but I'd go for the second one personally.

• The Vivien.

Adding a necklace would be a bit much, go for extravagant earrings instead. But if you must wear a necklace wear a small chain.

• the second one (purplish/pink).

• I like the Purple one but I would wear a black one-shoulder dress to the opera.

• I like the second one, I think it's a much more classic shape and the color is lovely. I also think it's casual enough that you can wear it at other times, but dressy enough that you won't look out of place. However, I would also suggest just a simple black dress, or even a skirt/blouse combo. Don't feel like you need to get super dressed up, think classy cocktail party.

As fo beerY33 down there eye roll to you, too. I get that it's become more and more casual as the years go by but there's still a level of class and respect that should be held when attending such an event. And frankly your attitude is just plain sour. You're not special. I'm sorry sweetie, but you're not. You're not cool or unique or awesome for going to the opera so much you feel comfortable wearing jeans. So you need to hop right down off that high horse because it just makes you seem like an pretentious and ugly person. Or worse, like a hipster.

• thanks for the advice! A black dress would be nice too.

• haha... I'm sorry I offended you. I am a classical musician and can't help being a bit of a snob sometimes--I'll admit it.

• I refer you to my public service announcement below.