If you see a girl with naturally curly or frizzy hair do you automatically assume it's unkempt?

Question above.

I have curly hair and I was recently told that my hair looks unkempt because it's curly. My hair is certainly not unkempt. I actually spend a lot of time on it.

I'm korean and african American in case you were wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• um I would have to see it to say. if there is a lot of frizz it probably looks unkempt, it also depends how its styled and what it looked like. there are some people who still think any natural hair w/o a perm looks unkempt figure out how that person fels about curly hair in general. does it truly look unkempt or is it just not straight enough for them?

What Guys Said 1

• No. Especially if they're black. Its just the way such hair is.

What Girls Said 1

• Curly, no. Frizzy, maybe.

Usually it's pretty easy to tell if someone's not actually taking care of their hair though.

• I'm talking about the type of frizzy that comes along with having coarse or ethnic hair, not the unkempt frizzy.