Outfit for casual, first date?

So I have a date and I don't know what to wear! I'm assuming it's meant to be casual, it's a group date and we're just playing board games at somebody's house, but I still want to look nice. Here's what I'm thinking so far (I'm 20, btw):

Flowy, black dress pants

Black boots that are kind of like a step fancier than combat boots.

Purple Tee with some gathering around the neckline (or maybe a plain baby-doll, I'm up in the air about this one).

Denim jacket with a hint of steampunk style (like the buttons and buckles it has)

OR I can swap out the pants to bootcut jeans and swap the denim jacket to a tan suede, fitted one.

I'll probably be taking off my shoes and coat while there so I'm considering wearing a flowy, dark grey shrug under the jacket (I get cold easily and don't really like my arms anyway).

I'll probably have sparkly stud earrings and either a headband or my hair half-up (I have crazy curly hair).

Am I being too casual or not casual enough or just right?

I accidentally posted this on my sister's account...oopsies! lol I'm not under 18, I am, in fact, 20

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like you might be dressing up a bit... I'd go with jeans, if I were you.

What Guys Said 2

• No, just do what you feel is appropriate , I love classy women who dress to impress. That tells me that she's trying. I honestly believe that if you put effort into it he will recognize it. I don't know maybe a dress it too much but depends. I'm sure your date will appreciate it. Always dress to impress that's my motto. I always do also to keep it fair. A dates a date, whether its to drink coffee to dinner. You can never look to good for a date

• Sounds really good and appropriate for a group date. Good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• Be casual. Do not dress up too much because usually guys don't dig high maintenence girls. Wear things that show off your best features. If you are skinny, wear jeans and a tighter shirt. Long legs? If it's warm enough, shorts, OR wear skinny jeans (Not gross, looks like it is painted on skinny- just the regular skinny jean) if you have nice boobs, show a little cleavage, NOT too much though. You want to look laid back, classy, and clean.

• Ahh! I'm having the SAME problem. I have nooo idea what to wear. I think either sounded cute! Whichever you're the most comfortable in is probably what you'll look the best in. :)

• I think the jeans with the tan fitted jacket sounds really cute! I would wear my hair half-up, because that shows you want to do something to it, while still being casual. Have fun at game night! :)

• Go casual. When in doubt JEANS. Nice pair of denim jeans with a babydoll.. neutral color. And some ankle boots or flats:) not so much jewelry and natural looking make up.