Height and weight being proportionate?

alright so i am about 5'10 weighed myself 3 months back I weighed 230 weighed myself just recently and I gained 20 pds! I really don't know where its all going. I personally think I only look like i am 200 but 250!?. at first I thought the scale was broken but I guess it wasn't. I have a little bit of a belly. I got big bulky arms, legs. technically I would be considered obese but I seriously don't look it at all. I Haven't been working out really lift weight here an there. I've just been working. do you think people can weigh more for their height but wouldn't really be considered obese?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was shocked some years ago when I went to see a doctor for Eczema and they put me on the scale - 240lbs. I'm 5'11. I was living in denial. Extra large sweat shirts, cargo pants, and NEVER catching a direct shot of my gut in the mirror.

It was a great motivator because I resolved that day to lose the blubber. It took me a while, but I lost 75lbs. Now, I'm in really good shape - completely flat stomach, nothing jiggles, etc. And I have a cheat day one day a week and eat whatever I want.

It's truly life changing and an incredible feeling being in control of your body - it's your vehicle to get you around. And best of all, I get the "Mmmm, yummy" eye from beautiful women.

What Girls Said 2

• Look up BMI chart. That will tell you where you're at and where you need to be.

Try to run, walk or ride a bike. That will help burn the fat and build muscle, but you have to keep at it. You also have to watch what you eat. You should start young because your habits will stick with you. Take care of yourself now, it will help you when you're older.

• Muscle weighs more then fat. I am 217 (5'8) but I've been told I only look 170, I have super strong legs. Its probably just muscle.

What Guys Said 4

• Well if you read about weight and weight charts, you come to learn that there is flexibility in these charts. For my height, I am supposed to be 157-172 lbs according to BMI readings, but right now I am working with a nutritionist who says that 15 lbs on either side of that is OK given my body type.

However, it's probably also true that most of us who need to lose weight probably should lose more than we want to.

• yeah the bmi chart I think is up for debate. human opinions and the way people think changes all the time. back when I was a kid I was told by teachers and elders that you were supposed to eat more veges then anything. now its more grain type foods then anything else. government and the surgeon general always alter the way we should be eating and what we should be eating.

• I'm 6'3 and about 250 pounds and I feel similarly. I'm listed as "obese" but really I'm just a bit overweight. I feel like if I was only 20 or so pounds less I'd be a pretty normal weight for my bone structure and muscle mass, so being listed as obese is just ridiculous. Those BMI counters are complete crap

• Yeah, I'm 5'8 and I'm suppose to be around 170lbs on the BMI chart but, I'm 187lbs and don't really look unhealthy at all.

• Dude, don't sweat it. I am 6'6" and 265lbs and there isn't an ounce of fat on me and my BMI has me at "obese". The nurse who did this all even laughed at how ridiculous it is. I have a big chest and shoulders anyway (you appear to as well) so that allows us to carry weight better anyways. I have a cousin whos 6' and about 235-240 and you'd never guess he was that. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat anyway! Good luck my man.