Why are guys so into girl's hair (especially if it's long)?

I have really, really long hair-- long enough that it stops at the small of my back. All the guys that I have dated automatically kind of pet my hair, run their fingers through it, and even sniff it. I'm not bothered by this but I think it's kind of funny how they always go for the hair. I feel like whenever I hug a guy they stroke my hair. When I was younger I had short hair but now that it's long I get a lot more attention from guys.

So, why the love of the long hair guys? Hmm?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, long hair is a strong indication of both femininity and youthfulness. And I'm not talking about pre-teens or anything, but rather, being in your child-bearing years. If you note, nearly every woman who hits menapause immediately gets the "short, sensible" (read: old lady) haircut. Yes, I know how awful that sentence sounds, but at the same time, you know it's true.

The point is, long hair means you're still young enough that you want to look beautiful for men, which is a biological response of being fertile. Men are programmed to respond to this indicator instinctually.

What Guys Said 3

• It looks sexy.

• I think it depends on the person. Of course I find the majority of girls beautiful and this isn't a diss to you, but I prefer girls with short hair. I think it looks really cute and spunky and I've never understood why girls like their hair long or complain about how they wished it would grow.

• Femininity. It just says you're a very feminine girl and long smooth hair is one of the signs of femininity

• Ignore PoeticNinja, she's not even answering the question

What Girls Said 2

• You're not bothered by it at all?

I am, I hate when guys touch my hair.. Do they not realize how easily tangled it can get!

• I get what you mean but no it doesn't really bug me. I've never had an intense tangle problem though. The only time I was like gaaaah was when a guy pulled my hair out of a ponytail (wrongly!) and he got it all messed up/ hurt me a bit.

• it is a sign of femininity, youth, and health.