How did I end up so f-ing short?!

My dad is 6'2 barefoot and my mom is average height for a woman at 5'5. I should of at least been 5'11 but I somehow got stuck being 5'8 and 22 years old... My brother is the same height as me so how the hell did we both get stuck so very short? It's horrible because girls don't like short dudes!

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't get eff'ed over. 5'8'' isn't "short" by any means. The average is only like an inch taller. Also, girls won't necessarily turn you down because of that, in fact most probably wont. You just have to have other things that attract you to them. My dad was 6'3'', my mom was something like 5'7'', but I'm just a little over 5'9'' and my brother is just about 5'10''.

So to answer your question, Genetics, like Turbulent said. Nothing to be mad about, you are perfectly normal. Girls generally don't care how tall you are as long as they don't have to look down to see you...

What Girls Said 12

• whatever, dude. not the end of the world by any stretch.

• It is, which means I have no chance of getting a hot girl... I'd rather die...single.

• iheartJuicyCouture again height is everything... A guy can be ugly as sin, tall, and still get a hot girl. I can think of one example right this moment...

• i have to jump in on this... first off what on earth is considered the hottest of the hot? and second if you aim for the hottest of the hot you better be the best of the best personality wise but so far your attitude is quite negative, it really dulls down your character...

• At 5'8" you are not short. Maybe compared to other guys you are shorter than them. But I wouldn't think you are short. Walking around my college, I am one of the taller girls, and I am only 5'6". Most girls my age range from 4'11" to about 5'4". So you are still a good bit taller.

• thats not that short. 5'8 wouldn't be a problem for me

• Seriously? 5'8 isn't even short sheesh. It's the same height as me and people say I'm tall (yeah, I know- for a girl). Most girls would date anyone same height or taller and possibly even shorter. So be grateful for your height!

• Ha. My dad is 6' and my ma is 5'. I'm 5'10". Genetics can be a bitch.

But in all honesty, 5'8" isn't short. It's definitely not tall, but it's not short. I agree that a lot of girls would find your height unattractive (not gonna BS for you), but there are plenty who won't care. Me and my friends have all been attracted to guys your height (and shorter) before. Honestly, the difference is that if a guy was your height and CONFIDENT with it, it would make you THAT much more appealing. If you're insecure, whiny and bitter about it, it would make me more self conscious and draw more attention to it.

To be blunt, I won't care much about a guys height (or my own) if he doesn't. But then, realistically, you probably wouldn't date a girl taller than you either.

• That ISN'T FAIR... WTF

• I'm 6'0. I can assure you, I am not beating off girls with a stick, LOL!

• @ EngineeringStudent: lol, at least from what I've read from you, you sound like you're sane. This QA, not so much.

• the past 3/4 guys I've been involved with were short. they were like 5'8", 5'7", 5'8". the only odd one out was 6'. I'm 5'2". if you're attractive and have a good personality, then the height really doesn't matter.

bottom line, there's nothing you can do about your height, so embrace it and stop worrying about what girls think, and then you know that the girls that come to you like you for who you are.

• I don't think 5'8" is short. I've dated a guy about that height, I wasn't worried about his height.

• lots of girls are shorter then that.. by inches... just saying.. that's not that bad.

• Uh the shorter ones want tall ass guys...

• i know tons of girls that don't give a sh*t about height... if they like u.. they like u.. height's not gonna be a deal breaker for most.

• Dude, calm the f*** down. I'm 5'7 and I would date a guy who was 5'8. At least you're not 5'6. I have a guy friend who's 5'6 and he wants to date me and I find it difficult to be attracted to him.

• My husband is shorter then you...

• 5'8 isn't short. And I was reading some of your comments below. You will only take the hottest of the hot? Most girls are ugly as f***? Really? Maybe it's your personality that's your problem, not your height.

• Your fine. Just workout if you don't. How's your ass?

• I am skinny and short. I even tried working about for about a half a year and people couldn't even tell I worked out...

• I can't even see my abs... There is no way I'm gonna stuff myself then I'd get FAT...

• No, if you keep working out u'd get muscles

What Guys Said 9

• Genetics are a bitch sometimes.

5'8 isn't that short for a dude though that's only a little below average. The vast majority of girls would date someone 5'8 as long as they have other stuff going for them.

• I think it's my mom's side of the family that ****ed us over... I have a half brother who has a different mother and he is 6'2 as well...

• All best things come in small packages.It is not fair. I won't pretend it is. But you have only two choices. Blame somebody or work with what you got and make best of it. First way you are not going to get any better results. Only worse. By taking second road step by step all sorts of great people are born. They are bald, short , with big nose, no ear, all little crazy. But they work with what they got and not with what they do not.

So choose your road.

• you think 5'8 is short, try being 5'3. Count your blessings

• 5'3? At least someone that height would get sympathy attention from girls...

• Ok makes sense. Thank you.

• Being a b*tch ass is worse than having slightly bad genetics.

There are plenty of 5'8'' guys who don't let stupid sh*t bother them, and they win over girls because their shortcomings don't define who they are. Being 5'8'' isn't bad. The girls who wouldn't go for that are either giraffes or stupid b*tches who will eat their words someday. You're fine. Go worry about more important things.

• Your mom cheated with a short guy.

On the bright side, this means short guys pull ass fine.

• Dude! Avg height here in the US is 5'9 so you're only one inch bellow avg. I'm 5'9 and I've dated chicks taller than me but the majority of girls are around 5'6 so don't worry about it. Besides you can make up for it by packing on some muscle haha

• Recessive genes my friend. My dad is 5'11 and my mom is 5'2 but I got lucky at 6'4

• Your dad probably carries a recessive gene for being short.

• Obviously your "dad" isn't your biological father.

Sorry to break it to you.