Guys, how much is too much makeup?

i want mens opinion on what do they exactly mean when a girl is wearing too much makeup? because most girls including myself wear black eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss or a nude/natural lipstick, and sometimes eyeshadow depending on the look or outfit

i don't wear foundation thank god
i love eyeshadow I wear it often like this link I just think its fun to play with colors and add dimension to a plain face

Most Helpful Guy

• When it looks like their face is beneath one inch of makeup, or really flashy eyeshadow or just to much eyeshadow.

Light tints that match with your face look the best I can't explain it really well since I don't use the stuff but I hope you know what I mean ;)

• i wear this link sometimes

• That looks fine. It blends in with your eyes and face so it looks good.

Just make sure the color's blend in with your face and eyes and they aren't to flashy.

Also make sure the eyeshadow doesn't cover to much, like if the put the brown stuff an inch higher it wouldn't look good anymore ;)

• yay :D

What Guys Said 6

• In my eyes there's no such thing as "too much make-up"

It does wonders and make girls much prettier!

BUT.. if she looks like sh*t without it then it's whole different story.

• Foundation is generally too much make-up. Light eye make-up or a dark eyeliner with lipstick is enough.

• Foundation, mostly. And blush. Totally unnecessary.

I guess a little liner on the eyes and natural eyeshadow colors (the one in the picture is ohkay) along with some lipgloss are good in day-to-day excursions. Special occasions/events I think smoky eyes and lipstick are good.

• It's tough to say, it varies by girl. To really make a call I'd have to actually see you, but in general I prefer a bit on the eyes, maybe lip gloss or something, and that's about it.

• Your makeup sounds fine...tak it east with the eyeliner...otherwise what moste males really hate is cheek stuff: concealer, blush, foundation & bronzer...gag me.../:

• If you look like a different person without mkeup you're wearing to much

What Girls Said 5

• When you can no longer see your skin

• As long as it doesn't look as though you can scrape the makeup off,i think you should be fine. :)

• when you have face on your makeup

• it really depends on the girl. some can use many products and look lightly made up, some can only wear liner and mascara, make it really thick and awful, and look bad and overdone.

too much makeup is very bright, thick, heavy, or obvious.

i think your makeup sounds fine. eyeshadow, I would skip unless it is a dressy occasion. mascara is always fine, as long as it isn't clumped on like a spider, but most mascaras won't do that. just don't wear the super black kind if you are too pale for it, try a softer black.

don't go heavy on the eyeliner. I think this is one of the most common mistakes girls make. I recommend using a thin line on top, and an even thinner line on the bottom. thin liner is much classier looking and really works up the eyes rather than the makeup. also, don't use black if you are too pale for it. some girls wear black when they are much better off with brown or brownish black, which are both softer shades.

also, if you have dark circles under your eyes I would cover that up too. I know I do and if I don't cover them up my eye makeup looks bad.

• I think eyeshadow is worse than foundation since foundation can somewhat look natural. Eyeshadow does not look natural even if it's neutral. But don't worry about what men think about makeup if you enjoy wearing it.