Which hurts less, eyebrow waxing or threading?

I am thinking about getting one of these done and I don't know which one hurts less. I don't know yet if I should mine aren't really bushy.

Most Helpful Girl

• with waxing, I think it is quicker and perhaps less pain, but there is a risk of getting burns or infection from the hot wax if they aren't careful. my friend got a huge burn on her forehead from it one time.

threading also gives a more precise shape because they do it individually, hair by hair. it is more sanitary than waxing and they just use a thread and then trim the stray hairs with a scissor, and overall it is also more exact, definitely good for thin brows where they have to be careful not to take off too much.

i only had waxing a few times but I found that my brows looked better arched and shaped with threading.

threading and waxing both are slightly painful. waxing is fewer pulls at once and you feel the heat. threading is just little pinches section by section. threading only hurt me the first time or two. I got used to it and I just don't focus on it and you really don't feel it that much.

even though my brows are not thick and on the thin side, they grow in and start to lose their shape by 2 weeks, I can stretch it to 3 if I want to, and I think they may have grown in at about the same rate with both threading and waxing. my friend claims that waxing grows in slower, but I don't think that is necessarily true. I haven't gotten them waxed in a long time though, so I wouldn't be able to compare. I just get mine threaded every 2 to 2 and a half weeks and I love it.

I just wish I could do it myself, but whenever I try I screw them up badly.

Definitely do it. It benefits everyone to have professionally shaped brows, whether they are thick or thin a professional can improve them. And my threading place only costs 5-6 dollars, not bad at all.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• For me, waxing isn't bad at all - it hurts a little but nothing more than expected, and is completely tolerable. I've only had my brows threaded once, and it hurt more than waxing - and to me - the results I didn't find to be any better.

Honestly I don't bother to get my brows done much any more. Once I've had them done once, the shape is there - and now I just pluck them to that shape and only get them waxed every now and then.

• Waxing.It takes a second to have the hair taken away.But threading s each hair being removed with thread...a more prolonged process.

• Well I heard from my friend that eyebrow waxing isn't that bad but threading really hurts.

• I've never had mine threaded before, but I've been waxing mine for years.. for me it's done so quickly and doesn't because to much discomfort. I would assume threading takes so much longer.

• waxing is better

• Waxing hurts, but threading hurts more. UGh... I won't do it again. They came out nice though.

• I never had my eyebrows thread before. I pluck mine.. And sometimes wax..

Waxing doesn't hurt as much... After a few times...

• Waxing