What do you think of afro textured hair?

For those of you that like black girls, would you date one that didn't straighten her hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• From my experience guys like it when our hair is natural.No weaves,no straighteners.Ive gotten so much more attention with my hair curly and natural.I was hesitant to answer this question just because everyone has their own preference,and questions like this open the floodgates (at times) to negative biased answers from people who are prejudice against african Americans or other ebonies.It makes me feel like we are a "species" other than human beings, aways tryin to find acceptance in a very judgmental society. I just wish people would get with it and accept who they are without trying to find acceptance through others.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant,its not against you or anything. :)

• Lol, it's OK. Just going through the process of going natural now. Scared I may think it's too much work and cave

• Well then it sounds like you are on the right track.Those naomi campbell photos scared the daylights out of me.I would put money on the fact that these relaxers because cancer or other illnesses.Anyway,love your hair for exactly what it is.Guys should like you for exactly who you are regardless if it's straight or afro curly. I can't wait until my hair is a massive crazy afro. :) Well,i hope you have a positive hair journey and not seek acceptance from others. :) Good luck

• Thanks. I want a massive one too. That's the hard part because it's so tightly curled it seems like it takes forever to grow

What Guys Said 1

• I like black girls. I've dated several, and they are adorable. I wouldn't care. Because, my hair sucks, any hair is better than mine. So, I wouldn't care.

• Why does your hair suck?

What Girls Said 3

• As a black girl I don't know what I would do without my relaxer, it makes life 10 times easier and as far as guys go I can't tell you the number of guys who are 1) like being able to touch my hair without having to worry about pulling a weave and 2) like the texture, different from white girls but not knappy. I can't really blame them, before I started getting relaxers I hated dealing with my hair, now, I don't mind it

• a guy can like a girl with natural hair if she's really pretty, but its easier to attract guys with looser textured hair.

• Ah I looove the natural hair like that! I think it looks way cool