Why don't girls with that downy blond hair all over their faces and bodies considered hairy?

My friend always seems to have something to say about my body hair. Like "Guuuurl, you're so hairy", "It seems like a lot of work to shave that", "You should get a wax".

I have pretty thick dark hair and it's actually sparse but since the actual individual hairs are so thick it's easy to see. Even when I shave you can still see like the dark follicle under my skin (I'm not sure if that's the right terminology) so it kind of looks like I didn't shave. Guys, does this disgust you?

Is there anyway I can minimize the appearance of a dark follicle?

Also, why aren't girls with that downy blond hair all over their faces and bodies considered hairy. My friend has a lot more body hair than me and also facial hair except it's fine and blond but she and other people don't seem to think Chubaca while she's not considered hairy.

Sorry, I mean

"Why aren't girls with that downy blond hair all over their faces and bodies considered hairy?"

Most Helpful Girl

• well if you want it to be not noticeable, what about bleaching it? I have all blond hair except for , unfortunately I spaced out black ones right above my lip. I HATE it. Aren't guys supposed to be the hairy ones and women smooth and beautiful? I haven't actually bleached it but I had a friend tell me to do that. She said that otherwise it will grow back thicker and worse if you shave or wax it but if you bleach it, then it just stays the same. Unfortunately her advice came to late and I waxed it and now it is back thicker and darker. Nice huh! :/

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Because you can not see it? I have your problem under my armpits. :/

• Do you know of anyway to get rid of it other than waxing?

I think it's easy to see all of that hair on her face and arms. There's a lot of it.

• Im not sure. All of a sudden one day it just went away.. Sorry I was no help.

• The only way to not see the roots of dark hair is waxing because you take the hair from the roots otherwise If you keep shaving it will get thicker and darker...

Waxing hurts a bit but its pretty good because the hair gets thinner and some not even grow back and the skin gets smooth...

I shave sometimes because I am lazy but like you I have the same type of problem So now I just wax...