Girls, what does permanent makeup mean?

I walk past a salon everyday and there is a sign out front that says Permanent Makeup. Beneath it, it says Eyebrows, Eyeliner & Lips. What does this mean?

Why would a girl ever want to tatoo makeup on? What happens if you wake up one day and decide you don't like it?
I should think you would want the ability to change your makeup depending on where you are going, what you are wearig and your age.
Thank you all for the education!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• It's for women who don't have the time to fool around with makeup. For instance my mother is a 37 year old married mother of 5, of which I'm the oldest, and the youngest is almost a year old. Her eyebrows are light colored and thin, she also has a scar on her right eyebrow, so she fills them in. She feels very self concious when they aren't filled in, but she never has the time to do it. She has been considering getting hers done. And I have an auntie who got her lips done a few shades darker than her natural lip color so she doesn't have to wear lipstick. But if she wants to wear a different shade it goes right on over top, you can't even tell. It's just for convenience.

• yup, tattoos. pretty weird, right?

• I don't know if this has been said before but it is tattoo'd on. :P

Okay, I admit it, I am trolling, but I don't recognise the legality of the world court, so HA!

• People also use permanant make up when they experience issues such as eye brow loss and they don't want to keep stenciling them on every day.

• It's like tattooed makeup.

• That's so exciting. I want to do it

• Yeah until you realize you don't want bright pink lips forever..

• aahaha. a long time ago I was watching some show about this women who was bed ridden(cause she was really fat) and got her permanent makeup done. first time I heard about that.

• It's makeup that's tatood on. I'm not sure why people do it,but I think it is a very poor decision.

• It is tattooed on

• At update I fully agree I guess some girls who wear the same kind of makeup all the time and hate removing it and never want to be seen without it.I find it odd myself

• Extra gross!

What Guys Said 1

• It means they tattoo it onto your face.