Does a smile really make you seem more attractive?

Sometimes or more often then not, I always here that a smile is somewhat Irresistable to girls. So is it true?

PS-Im one of those guys that really doesn't smile much except for when I laugh and hear a good joke.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some reasons to smile:

People will be attracted to you – I don’t mean sexually (well, maybe that too), but people will feel drawn to your energy. When you smile more, you will carry an aura and poise that will draw people to you. People will look forward to being around you, knowing only that they feel great around you. People on the street, at work, your friends etc. We all like and want to be around happy and cheerful people, right?

Optimistic – You’ll feel more positive about yourself and the world.

Happiness & Joy – A smile is an expression of happiness and joy in you. Like an upward spiral, a smile will boost the happiness you feel.

Healthy – A smile can affect your internal state, which can have physiological impact on your physical and mental health.

Approachable – A smile is so welcoming and will make people feel more at ease.

Making Other People Happy – A smile has the power to make other people feel good about themselves. It’s heart-warming and has the power to cheer up others instantly.

Smiles Are Contagious – Others can quickly and easily catch it and will experience the above ‘side effects’.

A smile is so simple, yet so powerful :)

What Girls Said 8

• I like smiles. It makes the person seem more approachable and friendly. I'm more likely to want to be around them then someone who doesn't smile at all. I don't think it makes a person more attractive directly, but it makes them seem more approachable which is attractive.

• Nah .. I think it's just an old saying that is used to burst people's moods and encourage them to smile more.. but technically speaking, a smile doesn't make you anything except seeming more happy ? or in a good mood.. but physically it doesn't do that much change in my opinion ..

• Smiling conveys happiness and confidence, which are attractive traits. So yes, smiling does increase your percieved attractiveness.

• I'm like that, too. I only smile if there is a reason to smile. I wouldn't say smiling necessarily makes you more attractive but it does make you more approachable. However, I know that quite a few people have found me to be "intriguing" and "mysterious" because I don't smile a lot. I actually prefer a man that has a more stoic look about him...a sterness. It's sexy and masculine!

• yeah it does warm people to you. is it "irresistible"? not always, but they don't hurt.

• Depends on what your looking for I suppose. Personally I was looking for the funny guy that always smiles and makes me laugh so his smile was a huge attraction factor for me.

• hell yes ilove a guy whose always smilling and up for laugh I have alos noticed that I get a lot compliments for my smile so yh that must mean something

• absolutely! A smiling man is way more attractive than a non smiling man (of equal looks).

What Guys Said 6

• coincidentally I just read this article today.

link

of course it's a comedy site so you shouldn't take anything in face value. I think that for guys it's okay to smile occasionally but you must NOT show your teeth (at least not too much). Also if you smile too broadly it might come off as creepy.

• More attractive? No. More approachable? Yeah, definitely.

Being friendly and showing it helps your appeal. However a guy can be attractive even without over-smiling.

• Unless you have really bad teeth, yes.

Although if you just smile all the time for no reason, people might think you're a bit simple.

• I say that a smile makes you look more friendly and approachable...which therefore makes you more attractive.

So I say "yes". 8-)

• dont know if it makes you more attractive but it definitely makes you more approachable

• It makes me want to f*** a girls mouth whenever I see her smile