Shoes on or off in your home?

I personally like to keep a very clean house, but live in a home that has lots of property and can track mud and other dirt into the house easily. I keep a separate pair of slippers that are for home use only, and shoes are kept in the garage. Sometimes I'll just go barefoot, as it is comfortable and don't dirty up the floors. What's your preference indoors?

• Shoes on in the house
  • Slippers in the house
  • Barefoot in the house
  • A combo of the above

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely understand your thinking on this one. Keeping socks available for people or slippers are a great recommendation. Its good to keep people from tracking anything in on the soles of their shoes. Hope you don't have pets, because they can track things in as well.

• Shoes off in my house. Nobody gets in wearing shoes. I like to get barefoot as soon as I get in, then it's slippers on.

What Girls Said 17

• Barefoot or slippers, never have had shoes in the house.

• I don't have a no-shoes-in-the-house rule, but if your shoes are mud-loaded I would appreciate your removing them at the door & not tracking in mud.

I'm always barefoot at home. When visitors see my bare feet some ask if they should remove shoes, others simply do so without asking.

• Honestly, I wear shoes as little as possible. I like my barefeet so much better and feeling the textures on the ground.

• barefoot ...or socks

• Shoes off in the house.

My mom wears slippers inside sometimes though.

• shoes off in my house, most of the time I wear slippers. I feel weird when I'm in another person's home and they don't mind me wearing my shoes indoors.lol

• I put d a combo.

I wear barefoot or indoor slippers.

• I don't understand people who walk around their house with shoes on..

It's either barefoot or socks..

• The exact moment I enter the house I'm taking off my shoes, its so much more comfortable

• Socks, barefoot (more in the summer)

• Shoes come off in my home :) I'm always wearing socks, so either barefoot, socks, or slippers.

• my fuzzy cute socks

• I love wear soft slippers at home. It is very comfortable! :)

• always off. I am always in my bare feet at home. Way more comfy.

• I wear shoes in the house.

• doesn't matter

• well I live in an old house that's rented to students. it's not filthy, but it's kinda old and dingy. I tend to wear flip flops.

What Guys Said 7

• I always take my shoes off in any house. I keep socks on though. My friends get mad at me when I go to their houses because I take my shoes off, I suppose they think that I think they're forcing me to or something because none of them do, It is just my preference and I like to be respectful and not track anything in. I don't care if people wear them in my house, some of my friends do, but sometimes they will take theirs off after seeing me take mine off haha.

• I wear socks.. that's not an option..

• Shoes off at the door.

• Slippers are ftw.

• Asian, so shoes off and socks/slippers/barefoot.

• I usually go barefoot around the house.

• Shoes off inside, just think of what you stepped on outside and now you're going to bring it inside? I don't think so.