My boyfriend said I have hairy boobs! :(

So today my boyfriend told me I have hairy boobs.

I said no I don’t and he insisted “yes you do, look!” and I haven’t even noticed before but now I can see that there are a few light hairs in that flat area between my boobs.

I have always been comfortable wearing low-neck shirts and dresses with cleavage and have always received compliments, but now I know I’m always going to feel self-conscious about it.

So my question is how do I deal with this?

I was really embarrassed and hurt when he said this, so I pretty much locked myself to my room and have been crying.

He already apologized, but I still can’t help but feel angry at him for making me feel like this..I'm sure there are lots of things I could say to him that would make him insecure but I never would. As a woman you already feel self-conscious about looking good..and now I have something else to worry about thanks to him.

Am I being very silly? How am I supposed to deal with this(him)? Is it justified of me to be angry at him?

(before anyone suggests shaving, I would not, as there are only a few, light hairs and shaving would make them thicker and darker and I don’t want to be that superficial)

Most Helpful Girl

• you're wrong all around.

-you shouldn't be angry at him,he didn't say ''eww that's so disgusting'' he just said something without thinking,he didn't mean to insult you.

-what he said might have hurt you,but he didn't mean it that way,don't start bringing up his flaws to get even,i know you said ''i never would'',but you're already thinking about them and once you get angry,you'll start saying things that'll hurt him.

-shaving won't make them grow thicker or darker,it's just that once you lose hair,you start seeing it as more hair once it grows back,but it's all in your head.

What Guys Said 8

• you are over reacting because you have not noticed it before, and the chances are, your bofriend is the first to notice it at all, so don't worry to much, you are going to get these hairs everywhere, ev3ry woman does, so don't feel uncomfortable, its totaly normal for every woman, just try and realize that just because your female, it means your perfect in what the media expect, you are normal, and you are hairy, just not as much as us men lol, so having a few hairs on your boobs or nipples is absolutely normal,x

• Are you being silly? Well IMO yeah, some guys just make observations like that. He probably wasn't trying to make you feel bad, just making an observation. It's a little petty to get mad at your boyfriend over something like pointing out you've got some peachfuzz on your chest. Most people have some degree of hair on their chest, it's just guys who get it noticeably because of difference in hormones. No need to be self conscious about it.

• Be glad he pointed them out, you could have walked around and not of even known they were there, you couture shave or get them lasered off

• you shouldn't be angry at him, he was just trying to help. get laser hair removal it's about $299 $599 Depending on how much you want removed.

Don't shave it because if you do it will get thicker like you said.

• Silly? Yeah I think so... He simply noted a fact, since you in fact did have "hairy" boobs. Cut the guy some slack and pick up a razor. ^^

• same case was with my girlfriend . she was told by his ex boyfriend the same .

but then I told her that it is normal many times gals have lights hairs over ther they aren't actually noticeable. N yes even I didn't notice them untill she told me that ..

throw these crap out of your mind and party again !

• Your being silly. I have a little hair on my chest too, it's no big deal.

• You have boob fluff.

Many girls do. They just don't talk about it, or notice it. Guys only notice because we spend so long looking at boobs. (You think you know this, but girl, you have no idea how much time we REALLY spend looking at boobs.)

He probably thought it was harmless to tell you. Because like I said, it's not uncommon. He probably thought it was like saying "Oh look, you have a mole on your ass" and you go "Where?!?"

You can wax it off, if it really bothers you. Boob fluff doesn't grow back at the same rate as leg hair or arm pit hair. Wax it off, and it'll be gone for a long time.

But you don't need to. It's harmless.

What Girls Said 9

• I think you overreacted.

Having a few light hairs on your breasts is normal, and not a big deal. My guess is that he was just playfully teasing you and his intent wasn't to upset you or make you feel self-conscious. He likely didn't realize that it was going to affect you so much.

He apologized. Forgive him and move on. And try not to be self-conscious about this because, as I said, it's completely normal. If you're wearing low-cut tops, my guess is that no one even notices. The only reason your boyfriend noticed is because of how "intimately-involved" he is with your breasts.

• Guys say things without thinking about how you'll react to it. It doesn't seem like he was trying to make you feel bad.

And as many others have said, this is normal. Nobody's gonna judge you for it. No need to shave if you didn't even notice it until he pointed it out - the only reason he noticed is because he was so close, and he never said anything bad.

• you are being silly for overreacting. about 85% of the body is covered in hair and that includes the breasts. you just never noticed them before. the hair is one of the reasons why when you get cold your breasts get covered in goose pimples and the nipples tighten. just forget about it

• I do not think your boyfriend intended to hurt you in any way, unless you are having a poor relationship, otherwise he just sort of noticed these small hairs. When he apologized. I am sure he meant what he said. Do not shave these small hairs, I am sure your boyfriend will love you just as much as before, but if you do want to get back at him, just say you (boyfriend) have awfully hairy, well anything, but I don't think that is a good idea, good luck.

• Your boyfriend did not mean to hurt you, I noticed that a girl I once knew had about 6 very thin hairs around her breasts, but I did not mentions this to her because I thought it was quite sexy, I don't think she noticed them either, but perhaps a later boyfriend would, I would just leave them alone.

• Don't worry, everyone is hairy. I have hairy boobs too :P It's nothing to worry about, especially if it's only a few light hairs... no one will even notice. As for your boyfriend, he probably should have realized that it was something he shouldn't tell you... but I doubt he meant to make you feel so upset. If his apology was sincere, I would forgive him. As long as he doesn't say things like that to bring you down often.

• Super light hairs are normal as far as I know. If they're hard to notice, don't no anything. But if you MUST, a hair removal cream will take the hair off without making it thicker or coarser.

• I'm pretty sure its normal to have a few light hairs on the boobs lol

• I don't think your boyfriend intended to embarrass or hurt you. I don't really think you're being silly. Everyone has insecurities and when other people point them out, it can make you feel uncomfortable. Having hair is totally normal, though. I have "hairy boobs" too :)

There are even celebrities with some hair on their chest... link