I want my natural hair color back, but my friends will be sad!

I have been dying my hair ridiculous red for such a long time. It was maroon freshman year, now it's a gingery natural auburn color, however I am a natural ash blond with natural blond highlights like this: link

my friends love my hair just because they like the idea of having a ginger friend and making ginger jokes, but I want my old color since the red makes my skin look so pinky!

Should I do it? Also, I don't know how to ask my mom, to go to the salon since it costs so much, but if I do it at home like I always do, it will look terrible!

OR I would do something like this, since I am a nutcase artist and love weird colors, I would do a redish brown on top with blond fading into it, like the ombre hair affect.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're doing ombre - do a color closest to your natural on top - or actually your natural color - otherwise that will grow out too, and you'll have an odd three tone effect. The bottom should be the died bit, not the top.

But essentially - your hair is yours. Do what you want with it. If your friends want a ginger friend, well one of them is just going to have to take the bullet - you're not there to play tolken 'red head' for their amusement. You want your hair back to normal - do it.

But yeah - don't try yourself. You'll need to strip the color first and try and dye it close - do this yourself and it will probably go wrong. You'll have to go to the salon, I'm sure if you convinced your mum that you weren't going to go back to dying it different colors again she'd be happy to help out - seen as it's a lot less high maintenance natural anyway. And it'll be lasting a long time.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• Do your hair the way you like.

Your friends will adjust to the change and eventually like it.

"Never make yourself unhappy to please someone else."

Also, just tell your Mom you want to go to the salon.

Im sure she will let you go this time, since its something you do almost never or on occassion.

• My answer is:Screw your friends concerning this matter,do what makes you happy.Its YOUR life...so live it. :)

• Don't be afraid of your friend don't liking the hair color you choose. If they are with you because of your hair color, they are stupid, so dump them!

If you want your natural color back just stop dying your hair! It will take longer, but it doesn't cost any money, and you have not some kind of salon hair color , you will have your own color.

P.s. Don't be afraid of dying your hair at home, first time for me wasn't that good but I got better at it!

What ever you do remember : YOU are Beautiful. In every way!

• Live for yourself then live for others.

• the same happened to me. I have been dying my hair black and I decided to go back to my natural hair (you can see in the picture). I was waiting 3 year, but now I have it. all you need is patience

• do what you want to do! if they want to have a ginger friend so bad they can dye their own hair.

• Your natural hair is nice than the red one. Hair is yours, you can change its color for happiness. Ask your mom for help and listen to her advice.