Is 19 too old to braid your hair? GUYS opinions too!!!

I mean in two braids, one each side... all I know is that it's cute on little girls and AWFUL on middle-aged women... so what about 19?... I actually look like 17, but looking younger isn't my aim, I just wanted a cute hairstyle...

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you're not trying to go for the whole lolita look, it's fine. My girlfriend will sometimes put her hair in braids if we're going to a metal concert or something, just to get it out of the way and off her neck. It's cute seeing her dressed in a band T or black tank, cargo pants and pigtails.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's fantastic on women any age! Try and make it a trend! Go for it!

• I met a 42 year women (who had her hair in braids) at the pub last weekend when I was out for my girl friend's birthday and I thought she looked adorable.

One of my classmates often braids her hair. She is a mom, about 30 years old. We are in automotive classes together and she braids it to keep it from getting in the way while working. I like she looks ridiculously cute with the braids.

• I hardly think 19 is too old; I'm 56 and my girlfriend often wears her hair in braids. Of course it always looks best when she's wearing her school uniform and sucking on a lollipop. ; - )

• Most definitely not something I'd like. I prefer a regular pony tail if you need to keep it out of your face or loose when you dress up. That's just me though :)

• I dislike braids at any age.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see anything wrong with it if that's how you like your hair, but it does look a bit childish.

If you like braids why not try something more stylish like a fish tail or mermaid tail braid.

Fish tail Braid

link

Mermaid tail Braid

link

You could also try a bubble tail. It's not really a braid but it works if you don't want to have your hair loose

Bubble tail

link

• thanks! I wanted to do fishtail braids instead but they are so confusing!

• wooww... now I want mermaid tail lol

• it's cute every now and then but it shouldn't be a go-to style. make sure you don't little girlie. pocahontas looking braids are cute but it shouldn't look like little girl braids.

• hahaha yeah those are the kinds of braids I meant

• No people with long hair do it

• That's just wrong you're not a little girl anymore and it's creepy to braid or bunch your hair like that when you should be maturing not going backwards. Why would you want to look 17 anyways it's like the most stupid time of life for anybody.

• read the question, that's why I wrote it. I naturally look 17, I don't WANT to look 17, like I said, it's not my aim to look younger. I've seen some girls around my age do it and I think it can look nice, but I guess I wanted more opinions. how old are you btw? 17?

• My spelling has been fine throughout the thread, think again stoooopid

• no, uh it's stupid... stupid has no o... especially not two. or four...