There's this pretty girl in my class but she stinks

Shes really pretty and she looks very clean always nice hair and clothes but somehow she has a bad body odor. And most of the girls bully her for that. Like they breathe really heavily when they walk near her or stand next to her and make mean comments. But that chick is always so quiet she neva says something.

I don't know what to do

Should I defend her or should I be on my friends side? I really feel sorry for that girl because she's so pretty and she really suffers from that

She knows about her problem but it seems like she can't do anything against it. She always uses perfume and cleans herself but still
I will talk to her about that. I don't care what the others think. And thank you for helping me :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• How about telling her that you've noticed that a lot of the other girls pick on her? Try to befriend her and find out if she's even aware of the problem. If her sense of smell is poor, she might not be. She can try everything from prescription strength deodorant to baking soda to kill the smell. Offer to help her and in the long run, you might just make a good friend.

• Update: Are you sure a doctor has taken a look at her? You can have clinically bad body odor and sometimes it can be an indicator of something more serious.

• It sounds like she could use a good friend like you right about now. Please try to get her to the doctor, she really needs to be examined. I admire your courage to talk to a girl who has been outcast by others.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know about her situation but it sounds to me like she needs to see a good endocrinologist or gland doctor. I had a guy that had that problem and the docs were able to help him. If she seeks medical help, I'm betting she can get past this thing.

• Pull her aside in private and bring it up.

• Yeah, try and befriend her, she's worth the time. After all, if you're pretty but stink you can always find a way to clean yourself up, but if you're ugly, your're ugly for a lifetime.

• There was a similar thing when I was in high school.. but it was not a pretty girl but an ugly guy.

But he was a good pal most of times though obviously also ridiculed about the terrible smell.

We used to make jokes about this behind his back and so on but still it's been for months and he still smelled bad, though.. "I think" he should have overheard it but probably dismissed it as meaningless picking.

Once the odor was so godawful I just said to him in front of everyone - "Hey buddy - just go home and take a damn shower, you smell terrible! Seriously - it gonna be only good for you!"

Others were looking at me weirdly and trying to hold laughter, probably because of my insolence but I believe when it's about removing a plaster - do it quickly instead of slowly!

After I said this he obviously looked upset and he wasn't talking that much as usually.. or at all actually.

But you know - the next day he came to school the bad odor was gone. He didn't smell anymore. Probably the lad processed the information I said about the time he got home after the first moment of shock and decided to do something about his problem.

And I believe I did him a favour. Nobody was picking on him about the bad smell anymore.

• if you're asking me I would ...be a friend... and defend her..' Do what's right. Because we all know, all of us know, basically, when placed in those circumstances, what the moral, what the ethical, what the correct thing to do is. "

• we had a girl at our class and she always stank like swear but she was also ugly and stupid and everyone called her the cow. for some reason I don't feel sorry for her but I didn't joke with her either, I just didn't do anything and maybe that's what you should do.

• nice coward friends you have. team up against one shy girl. how brave they are. seriously, defend her and tell your friends to stop it. if they keep bullying her, she'll probably commit suicide.

• It could be an infection on her v-jay. I think a person would do everything that they can to stop being ridiculed, so I don't think it's because she' s not showering. Try to befriend her, then tell her that's not her fault and suggest to her to visit a doctor, meds will kill that smell quickly.

What Girls Said 3

• She should woman up and defend herself. Don't join in picking on her, but that's her fault if she doesn't stand up for herself. She's being bullied for 2 reasons: 1. she stinks and 2. she's a punk. stay out of it

• My mama always said, there is no shame in being poor, but there is no reason to be dirty. BUT, maybe she has a good reason that she's smelly. Yes, talk to her alone & ask if she needs help or anything. She may need soap &/or shampoo. She may be homeless. Be prepared with a shelter # for her.

• I had a friend in school who suffered from the exact same thing. She knew about her problem as well (the odor was unbelievable). People used to talk bad behind her back and I was so pissed off. Anyway, time passed by and when I saw her recently I noticed that there was no stinky odor anymore and she was willing to talk openly about it. I knew she went to a doctor and got treated.

I'd say be friends with her, give it sometime then talk to her about it. Be sweet and non-judgmental and caring. I think you should encourage her to visit a doctor.

It's very nice of you to care about her by the way. :)

• Thank you

I can't believe why people make such a big deal about that

And its not like that she stinks a lot its just a little bit

But the girls talk sh*t behind her back on Facebook and you can notice that the girl is really sad about this but they keep on bullying her

• Nobody's jealous of a girl with bad odor. She's being bullied because she smells bad

• When you're jealous of someone, you tend to search for his/her flaws to humiliate them. It happens.