What do the guys prefer?

What is good height difference between a guy and girl? what do the guys prefer, what do the girls prefer. I know ultimately if you like someone height differences don't matter anymore, but in a perfect, or close to perfect world, what do you like?

Do you guys like being at least so much taller than a girl if you could? Girl do you like a guy to be a certain height taller then you to feel safe, or for wearing heels?

Most Helpful Guy

• Four inches difference is ideal.

I'm 6'0". wanted 6'4". In public I'm looking down at people. With my shoes and hair I'm 6'2". I weigh 220 and look much less, maybe even thinner than average. I prefer a woman 5'9" 180lbs. Taller would be nice however it could be awkward considering how small an average woman is. When I see people taller than myself it doesn't look right. My pastor is over 2 meters (6'8") and 310lbs. He looks fine because of his proportions however he must lower his head walking through doors. That is very uncomfortable. In my dads house my shoulders scape the side and I must duck.

Getting a haircut my hair dresser fully lowered the chair and had me look down and she was 5'10". In the back seat of car my head hits the ceailing so I can't sit up straight; my legs are proportionately very long so it would be worse if I were average proportions. I'd like to be 6'2" and unfortunately I will be that height finished growing, but 5'9" will be too small at that height. I need a thick girl. I'm fit, I'm still gaining weight and will likely be 1/8 metric ton when I'm full grown. Even if she is the same height she will be much smaller and very thin.

I'm also trying to lose weight on my chest. When I go to the gym I use the lightest possible weights and lift as fast as I can 100 reps. I want to have high endurance for wrestling and less muscle mass in my upper body. Long legs make for faster running. Upper body is not as useful.

A friend is 6'1". She has 7" heels. Like I said she is so much thinner than me the height makes little difference.

All in all if I'm 125kg I wouldn't mind being 6'2" or even 6'4".

Height can be increased. Astronaughts grow in space. The spine compresses during the day making one shorter in the evening. Indonesian and other cultures place rings around neck. The tissues are stretched and lengthened. This may happen over a period of 20 years, causing 300% increase in length. The most growth occurs in early years so 10% increase may be expected in the first year.

Using this same principal one may lengthen thieir entire body, even changing proportions by targeting torso, legs or arms. 15 minutes intense stretching daily may result in 10 or more centimeters gain in a year. In Yoga class the girls are tall. The entire body is lengthened, Do routine upon waking, shower, bed time, waiting in line, speaker phone or whenever one has time. 15 minutes should not be difficult to fit in and results will be immediately noticable. Remember to measure first thing in the morning.

I've had friends 4'0" 84 lbs and 5'11" 290lbs. It doesn't matter. No matter what height, weight or appearance character is who a person is.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly? I'd prefer my girl to be shorter than me... It sounds shallow and chauvinistic I'm sure... but it's kind of awkward and a blow to the male ego if my girlfriend were to be taller than me. As for how much shorter? That doesn't really matter... I had an ex who was 4'11" which was a bit extreme but the fact that she had to stand on her tip toes to kiss me was adorable.

I'm 5'10", so if we're talking a perfect world... then anywhere between 5'5" and 5'8" would be preferable.

But since it isn't a perfect world, height doesn't REALLY make that much difference to me... although I probably wouldn't be physically attracted to a girl who is much taller than me.

• couples inches, shorter usually, its unnatural for her to be taller especially if its by many inches, with heels on, it'd put you right there with him

• I'd say about 2-3 inches; in my case, it would be a 6ft girl :)

What Girls Said 19

• Idk... it depends for me. On one hand, having a guy who is taller than me (the right amount where I can fit my head right under his chin) is wonderful. I love that feeling, it feels so good and safe to be snuggled up against his chest like that.

However, it is equally wonderful to have a guy who is close to your height, maybe an inch or two taller. That to me almost feels more intimate, when you can be on eye level with each other. I think it makes things like hugging and dancing more comfortable, intimate, and close.

Either way, I would prefer that my guy be at least the same height as me, but no shorter.

• I think the biggest thing about height difference isn't when you are vertical, it is when you are horizontal. I mean I am only 4'11 and I dated a guy that was 6'2 and when we were intimate it was hard to kiss him...I was buried in all of his chest hair and it lead to me feeling neglected a little since we didn't have the intimate contact of kissing while having sex. Sometimes your bodies just don't match up right if there is a big height difference.

Likewise, I had a girlfriend who was quite tall for a girl and she dated a guy that was slightly shorter than her and when their bodies were lined up and he was inside of her he couldn't reach to kiss her because most of his height was in his legs and hers was in her torso.

I think body proportion is pretty important

• I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend's exactly 6ft.

I LOVE it that way. The fact that he's a lot taller than me means that I can wear any kind of footwear that I want without the worry of being taller than him! I'd hate being taller. I'm attracted to guys that are taller than me.

When I stand on my tiptoes, I obviously become taller, and once he said "Aww, go and stay that height!" but then later said "Actually, no, you're perfect the way you are."

He hates being so tall though. He feels really self concious even though I always tell him that I like him that height!

I like taller guys because when you hug into them, you DO feel protected - like nothing can touch you.

• I've found that I prefer when a guy is just a bit taller than me, like a head taller maybe.

So in addition to feeling protected, it also feels more intimate when I can still look straight into his eyes. Plus I love when I fit right into his shoulder when he holds me lol.

That would probably be ideal, but yeah as long as he's at least as tall as me, it's not much of a problem. :]

• i would like a guy to be like around my height or like a few inches taller. I don't mind if he's like a foot taller but I mostly have been going out with guys who are 5'9 or 6'3, in that range.

• 3"-4" is nice

• I think whatever feels right to you. My husband is 6'6" and I'm 5'4"...we can't even get professional pictures done with me standing on at least 3 different stools at once lol! But when people see us together, they say we are a perfect fit physically. I think it's more the way your bodies mold together than the actual height difference. I love my husband being over a foot taller than me though. It makes me feel extremely protected, and no one ever messes with me :)

• One of my best friends has a boyfriend who is several inches shorter than her, and although it isn't the best turn on, they still have a great relationship. So when it comes right down to it, height doesn't matter. At least, it won't make or break the relationship.

• Ummm, well my boyfriend is 6'4 and I'm only 5'3... so I go up to about his shoulders or a tad bit lower. He loves that I'm a lot shorter than him, he says it's adorable and he likes to pick me up all the time. If he needs to see me at eye level, he can just pick me up, he would be happy too.

Umm, I don't really have a preference for height, I'm fine with anyone my height or above. I don't know about shorter than me cause I'm small too, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I guess I'm just super open-minded.

• Bit late to answer, but I like my guys to be at least a good 3-4" taller than me...

let's me wear heels and still be shorter than him.

I'm not sure why though, but height is very attractive to me, I tried dating guys shorter than me before and it just felt awkward.

I've been told I'm quite tall for a girl though, 5.8", and sometimes I have trouble finding guys taller than me.

• The best for me is ad least 30 centimeters taller!

It's just a HUGE turn on! hehe :P

• I like guys to be taller than me. I just feel more safe and stuff. Although I prefer this...all my boyfriends have been shorter than me because of my height of a little over 6 feet tall. it pretty much sucks but owell.

• I don't usually wear heels but when I do id like to be the same height as my boyfriend so probs 4+inches taller.

• about 4 or 5 inches taller is nice, then I can wear my heels without feeling concious :)

• im 5 11 so. . . at least my height. taller would be wonderful but. . .

• I prefer men that are much taller than me. I am 5'3" and my current boyfriend is about 6'1". It isn't awkward or anything, but when we walk next to each other I have to look straight up to see his face :x

• It doesn't matter it only matters if you 2 like each other

• My last boyfriend was a foot taller than me and I loved it! There's something about a big strong man next to you... Very sexy!

That being said, I have dated guys that are under 6 feet and when I throw on a pair of heels I'm taller. Honestly, it doesn't bother me a bit unless it bothers them. I once had a guy ask me not to wear them, I said no way and had to call it quits. He doesn't have to be 6'7", he just needs to be confident enough not to care.

And for all you short guys out there... Don't mess with our shoes!

• Lol, I've never asked a girl not to wear heels because I didn't like her being taller than me. I have, however, asked a girl not to wear them because every time she did she'd complain all night about how they hurt her feet. No matter how great she might look in them, it's not worth destroying your feet and annoying the hell out of everyone all night.

• Ah, you can't complain about your shoes no matter how much they hurt!!! You must love them and all the wonderful things they do for your butt =) It's nice to hear you're not bothered by a girl rock'n the heels when she's with you. Confidence is always a good thing!

• im 5'7 and feel uncomfortable when a guy is not just shorter but just around my height too! I definitely want someone at least a couple inches taller than me! it makes me feel dominated and secure, gives me a chance to snuggle in his arms =)