How a girl dresses

Ok this is for the guys. Do you like a girl more if she dresses up all the time like in heels, skirts, dresses, you know...just nice. Or do you like a girl who wears comfortable clothes?

Because I always wear jeans and a tank or a snug fitting top with some chucks(converses) do guys even care?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally like to see a girl dressed up, but I can see how this would be hard to do all the time. So I guess the best answer is to do both.

What Guys Said 7

• Since you helped answer my question about the 3 cases, I'll return the favor.

My short answer is YES, I do care how the girl dress like.

Things like clothing, hairstyle, make up, body language, and tone of voice all give hints to what the girl is like inside. Or at least they tell me how this girl see her self in society and how she presents herself.

So in the case of dressing up and looking all "nice" as you put it, some guys, I am one of them, might draw good/bad conclusions about the girl based on this and of course a few other things listed above about self-presentation. But generally, girls who dress up like that are either the high maintenance type or has high expectations of who gets to date her. Dressing up may make look good/better, but the messages you are sending out may work against you.

Dressing down, the casual stuff, has its pros and cons too. If you dress down a lot, then people might think you are a down-to-earth type of person, which of course is good. They might think you are secure and low maintenance. But at the same time, they might think you are the type who doesn't take care of herself, who might have no sex drive.

So what's best? I recommend doing both. Yep! Go random... You can try dressing casually with jeans and tanks for maybe 3-4 days in a week, then suddenly out of nowhere, appear in those sexy shirts/dresses one day. If anyone, especially the guys ask you why you dress like that, simply answer because you feel like it that day. You are now unpredictable, spontaneous, and perhaps modest in terms of how you flaunt your wardrobe. =)

• Well I sometimes dress up...I mean I ALWAYS do my hair and makeup...I don't look like I don't take care of myself...I guess I just have my own sense of style...I love to be comfortable but I'll dress up from time to time if I go out to the club or something.

• This is exactly how I dress! I am very down to earth yet at the same time I crave the outside world - so when I feel like flying (corny I know) I dress in skirts and dresses. I'm mainly a skirt gal, there are some skirts that I wear with t-shirts that I consider casual and just as down to earth as cargo pants and jeans.

so I do believe that mixing it up is best, will keep guys on their toes and maybe they can learn to accept you and love how you look casual or dress.

• Well gingerchew, you seem to have a sense of balance in style. Lots of people usually can't balance between dressing too flamboyantly and too plain(casually). It's just a matter of mixing it up or purposely "mismatching" sometimes. It should get people who are perceptive to start wondering about you :)

And btw, there is nothing corny about the "flying" idea. I think that's having good imagination. When I want to literally feel the wind or breeze, I wear loose clothing & let the wind blast away

• Depends on what you want to catch.

It's like a book before picking it up and reading the back of it. Presentation, title etc..

Hot dress and furry boots are going to attract different guys then fitted jeans and a top (social setting taken into context as well).

• Honestly, I don't think guys care; however, if you want to separate yourself from the rest of the pack, a little variation goes a long way to make you more sophisticated. Imagine that you see a bunch of guys and they are all wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt, then another guy is wearing some nice slacks and maybe a sports coat---which guy is going to grab your attention first?

• I kind of answered this question in a similar fashion previously. I have to go with the dress/skirt. There is nothing sexier than a girl in a nice dress or skirt and heels. Showing off your legs! Thats sexy!

• All depends on the occasion. If we're going out, jeans and a shirt are fine, but so are dresses, skirts, and heels. For more casual events they shouldn't be wearing heels. A lot of girls make that mistake.

• I like the smarter look. High heels and skirts always look better. Not that practical if you're digging the garden or climbing trees, but who cares? Girls look great in them.

• Both are good. A nice dress can be very sexy at times. At other times a girl in jeans, a nice t-shirt, and a baseball cap can be just as sexy.

However, she should wear what's comfortable and fits the situation.

Since you say you always wear comfortable clothing (jeans and a tank) wearing a skirt or a dress could be a nice change.

However, neither makes me like a girl more. It isn't what she's wearing that matters.

What Girls Said 1

• Um...no offense but I'd rather wear something comfortable. like the kind that you can actually walk and move in. yeah well, it really depends, if my boyfriend is trying to show off 2 his friends, then I'll wear something pretty. yeah heh:)