Do you like/prefer unconventional beauty?

In my opinion, I think it is much nicer than the typical good looking girl.It's just so much more unique, I see that conventional kind of look so much, it's boring.

This is my view of conventional beauty-

link

link

link

Unconventional beauty-

link

link

link

link

Which do you prefer and why?And if you have any other examples, or if you disagree with mine, feel free to include your own.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, I like both. It's not that I have a preference to one, but looks wise I would rather have a girl that has a defined classic look and I don't think that fit into either category, because when I think of a classic face, I don't think conventional beauty, ya know? In my opinion the classic beauty is the best, like Liz Taylor when she was young. She didn't have the "I'm ready to jump into bed with you look" like the conventional beauties you listed had.

What Guys Said 19

• I understand your perception of beauty through your links and I agree mostly

Beauty is an individual perception but we are encouraged to view beaty throug what the media,model industry perceive it to be

My own percetion of both is as follows

Conventional beauty- beauty created by our TV screens and airbrushing magazines

Unconventional beauty- the normal every day look you see on your street..not being told what is beautiful

I personally prefer women with little to no make-up allowing their natural look to be seen

• I'm somewhat indifferent to it using your categorization. I found some of your 'conventional' and some of your 'unconventional' to be most attractive. I guess I could say that whether someone is conventional vs. unique is not the driving factor in whether I find them attractive.

I'll also note that 'conventional' is a moving target. I'm not sure Angelina's lips were that conventional 20 years ago. Neve Campbell seems pretty conventional to me as well - not in a bad way, but I don't think of her as especially 'unusual'. In fact of the four you posted, only the first really struck me as 'unconventional'.

• Conventional beauty = Everything that I see when I look at the TV or open a magazine.

Unconventional beauty = Normal people that I see around me in reality during my daily life.

That being said, what made me react the most in your list was the fact that you seem to have only chosen models as examples of beauty. Most of them look conventional to me, and even if a few features are different they still wear conventional model-clothes and make-up. And it's not helped by the fact that the photographers clearly edited the photos to fit the look of conventional model-shoots.

On a different note, the second unconventional one, am I the only one who thought of the upcoming Pixar-movie "Brave"?

• but those normal people you would see are the people on t.v. with lots of make-up and often plastic surgery. Conventional and unconventional beauty is subjective. For example, the QA's idea of unconventional beauty were white, pale females who kind of resemble her. My idea of unconventional beauty is entirely different. Your idea of unconventional beauty is "normal people" Beautiful is beautiful. Why do we have to put everything into a damn box?

• Cool. I can understand that. I don't support the idea that one look is more deserving of praise than another, everyone is beautiful in their own way. But I still have my personal preferences and I answered the question with those in mind.

• oh OK, does your personal preferance because you to exclude certain features as it seems to with most people who talk about their personal preferances?

• i like the second girl in your unconventional list, she has visible freckles. :)

i like girls with freckles

• Yes I agree (2nd link..WAY too much makeup..and she is so pretty/: gag) But guys seldom agree on which females look the hottest anyway...in college we would argue and just about get into fights over it. And isn't that a good thing..what kind of a world would it be if every male wanted a select few females...but I find a lot of the "conventional beauty" females to be unattractive...believe me or not...(:

• Well I'm going to have to mostly go conventional. BUT there are of course some exceptions. Neve Campbell is pretty cute and I think the girl in the third link under unconventional is pretty cute too. But I like good proportions. Girls like jessica alba, mila kunis, and even natalie portman though! Those girls are fabulous no matter what time period they are in.

• hmm. I personally think the most beautiful kind of girl is the one that knows she's beautiful, or maybe doesn't. but in anyway- doesn't try to show it off. xD. that's my whole view on it.

• Yum yum yum...

link

Why... why hello there...

link

OH... oh my...

link

• Based on those I'd say conventional but I wouldn't say Neve Campbell has unconventional beauty, she's just good looking.

• Unconventional is way better. I've tried to explain this to my friends so many times.

• I like any kind of beauty. I especially like the third picture in the 'Unconventional beauty' section (the black and white one).

• I don't really understand the the term unconventional beauty... I think all of them are beautiful except the first of the "unconventionals" who looks, strange...

• Conventional is the type of beauty that most people like, whereas unconventional is a unique, alternative kind of beauty.That you see in fashion models, they have unique features.Maybe not symmetrical faces, eyes really big or a gap in the teeth, or a big nose.You know, someone you might think is gorgeous, but someone else might think is really ugly.

• True in some cases but I can't tell you many times I've disagreed with my friends over some celebrity. For example, Rose Huntington Whitely in the new transformers movie, some of my friends thinks she is one the most beautiful women alive. I think she looks crude and not so nice.

• Me too, I don't think she's pretty at all.She's unconventional looking, which I like, but she just, looks I dunno, weird.Lol.It is true in a lot of cases though, I don't hear any men disagreeing about Sophia Vergera being unattractive, despite the fact she's barely recognizable without makeup.

• To me the last two were very beautiful, but other two unconventional beauty was not as appealing.

• conventional is way more attractuve imo

• I can't pick a side, there all beautiful in their own way so I appreciate that.

• I didn't see the links but I like Jessica Alba..unconventional for the 50s ..but oo lala now.

• Given those choices I'll go conventional all the way. The best of the unconventional would be Neve Campbell I think. Though I think many would call her conventional.

• I didn't find most of the unconventional beauty's attractive tbh, BUT I always think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• the last two were pretty

• I found the average looking, but like I said, it's the preference in taste, and each persons is different.

• them*

• This is my view of conventional beauty-

link 1, 2 and 3 = conventional beauty

Unconventional beauty-

link 3 and 4 = conventional beauty

link one = ugly

link 2 = cute

• Agree with this completely. The last link in "unconventional beauty" is definitely very attractive, but I'd define it as conventional

What Girls Said 18

• I don't think any of those girls are unconventionally beautiful - I just think they're all beautiful; well most of them.

I mean - lily cole unconventional? she stick thin, she's white pale, and she ginger with blue eyes, that's pretty much one of the most conventionally beautiful combinations there are.

But yeah - I think beautiful is beautiful.

• I like unconventional as well. I like people with interesting features :)

• I think beauty is beauty and by claiming one is better than the other you are insulting someone else or saying they are not beautiful, which is untrue. Everyone has a unique look/beauty to them and some people see it and some don't which is irrelevant. Accentuate your best features and most importantly your personality... that's what makes a beautiful girl. Trust me, I'm "pretty" and yet I still won't get a boyfriend until I actually talk to a guy and show him my personality. Looks really are not that important.

• The last two are more what I would call conventional beauty, or am I missing something, like a huge ass or something?

I prefer conventional beauty, I think. I like the symmetry, the clean lines. I like proportion.

Why do I like it? I suppose because I aspire to be that, and people say I look like that (though personally I don't think so)

I'm really self conscious - I spent my childhood and school years being bullied because of my weight and I still get it now. I suppose I wish I had model looks because maybe then I would have something to be proud of, you know?

• Are you asking this question because in your mind you don't fit 'conventional beauty' so you're trying to confirm that your 'unique, not boring' look is more desirable?

All of those girls are beautiful in different ways. I will not say that a group of girls look boring just because their prettiness is more commonly promoted.

• wow this is scary ! I was just googleing the reason why so many girls wear fake tan and its attractiveness? sort of relates to the whole conventional form of beauty question your asking! haha

I live in ireland where on the average Saturday/ Tuesday/Thursday night (student nights) the city is full of fake tan and ultra mini skirts.( almost bathing suit like)

I ask myself what the? is that beauty or just plain expose?

I look like lilly cole and have locks of flaming red hair - I came to learn that you don't need to look like everyone else to be beautiful , just being you and being happy is beautiful. ( I was bullied as a teenager for my locks- still get the odd hey you ginger girl comment- but the important thing is I don't let it change me , I don't dye my hair blond or wear fake tan because its not me) Be the person god and genetics intended you to be - its a lot less fake and prettier.

People also have this thing about being young forever - why I don know, I think we as humans get more beautiful and graceful with age.

• i think all of them attractive in a conventional way except 1. and 2. of the unconventional group,and I prefer them to the others,but I don't think they're an unusual choice,they still have the regular attractive features (clear skin,nice hair,big eyes,good facial structure) so I wouldn't call them unconventional per se.

• Well, people have their own opinions.I think that they are unconventional because they have unique features which aren't usually thought of as beautiful, they have alternative kinds of faces.

• there is a reason "conventionally beautiful" people are beautiful. We like their proportions. If everyone jumped onto the "unique features" then everyone would say those are boring.

• I'm assuming that by conventional beauty you mean the 'obviously beautiful' people. I believe that unconventional really is more unique and in many cases tends to draw people in because everyone is different. you really do not know who is out there. It also opens your eyes to the different varieties of the human race, opening doors and allowing yourself to find more people to connect with, not sure if that makes any sense at all

• i think unconventional beauty is the best, cause who wants to look like everyone else? I think its more healthier that they have different looking models so younger girls don't feel that they have to look a certain way to be someone.

• They all look the same to me.

• i don't think there's really such a thing as conventional and unconventional beauty. Everyone is beautiful in their own way and are beautiful to NUMEROUS people no matter what the world thinks.

• I think the last two unconvential beauties are the best, and also there's my profile pic

• Your examples are more of conventional; all of them can pass Hollywood's standard. Usually people considered "ugly"--because their eyes or forehead are big, or their natural hair isn't like the majority's, or they look far different from the rest of society's so-called beautifuls--are the ones who belong to unconventional beauty.

• There's a flaw here. Technically all of these females are conventional seeing as they're all the same race and they are the beauty norm. The majority of society will already perceive them ALL as beautiful over a girl who is Indian or Korean for instance. That's just the way it is. You choosing to show only Caucasian females shows that girls of other racial backgrounds are already unconventional or less by default.

• i tend to think of conventional beauty as the typical longish hair, nice makeup that isn't too heavy, things that are typically considered attractive, and unconventional is more artsy. maybe edgy hair, heavier makeup, etc. a less "traditional" look. both can be extremely beautiful it really dpends on the girl's features

• i never heard those terms before conventional vs unconventional but I do love makeup and when worn the right way and minimally, it looks stunning. I really switch around both looks sometimes I like a nice bold lip with nothing on the eyes and other times I love smoky eyeshadow looks with nothing on lips...its all about balance and changing it up that's what makes makeup so much fun and brings dimension to a bland face.

• No offense, but honestly with the questions you ask, it makes it seem like you are obsessed with beauty. I think you're just asking this to reassure yourself about your face. I'm not even going to answer the question because either way I think it's stupid and wrong to say one girl is more attractive than another just because she has a certain type of beauty.

• The last link in your unconventional list seems pretty conventional to me. Other than that, I think the unconventional looking girls are most beautiful. They're so striking!

More unconventional beauties

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

I tried to include some diversity as well.

• Lovely answer :) I love how you included diversity as apposed to the emmablunt who only posted white girls in her question

• That second one is conventional to me

• Yeah, that pic is a bad example but she actually looks unconventional most of the time.

link