I have been hearing mixed views on henna, some say it's drying, while others say it conditions! Which one is it?

I am about to put the henna my hair next Wednesday! I am wondering does it softens and condtions your hair while color treating it! Because I keep hearing some say it is very drying and can tangled your hair, while others say the total opposite it is very soft to detangle and easily conditions your hair! So which one is it ladies?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I've never put henna in my hair so I could be wrong on this, but it is supposed to be a conditioning substance (which is why it is really good for your skin). So in theory it should not be drying to your hair.

What Guys Said 1

• dye

What Girls Said 2

• I've used henna a lot and It's wonderful It really softens your hair and it gives it this natural shine and if you have any problems with your hair it would treat it nicely altough the one I use kinda makes your hair a little redish but I liked the color it gave me and you're certainly do so no worries go for it !

• I think it depends on the quality of the henna dye you're using. True natural henna is fantastic, but expensive, the fake stuff would probably have diverse effects, some might be drying.

• Im using light mountain henna from wholesfoods is that really good!

• It depends on your hair too, some products work great for one but terrible for another. If you've found what works for you, then congratulations!

I'm not from your country, so I don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid, sorry I can't help more hon. I dye my hair with chamomile, works great for me, but most people would end up with orange hair due to their natural red shade within their own color(which I don't have, my colors very cold)