This is me...(back view) don't you think a back tattoo would look so good on my back behind my left shoulder?

it would NOT be big...i guess just normal size in a nice script: these words in three lines...

link

There is a blaze of light in every word

It doesn't matter which you've heard

The holy or the broken Hallelujah

***make sure to add if you like these words^^^^^^ EVEN if you don't think I should get a tattoo.
and what they mean to you!

Most Helpful Guy

• oh wow.. can I just start off saying that I think you look spectacular. that dress looks amazing and while I can't see your face too much you are stunning :) SO about the tattoo. I am tattoo guy. I love how they look on girls BUT a lot of the ones I see I don't really like. In my opinion I don't really like words on someones back.. especially with a back as nice as yours. I think it would detract - ALSO: I have a tattoo that is about as long as yours and it gets SO ANNOYING that every time I'm shirtless I get asked 1000 times what does it say.

My advice - say that 'verse?' 5 times a day and see if it would be laborious. Instead - maybe just get "there is a blaze of light in every word" or "The holy or the broken" on your neck or something and then you will know what it means and in my experience you will like it a lot better. Truthfully I don't know what it means - Id love for you to tell me.

So in summary - for you I don't really like it for a few reasons and think it will get annoying after a while BUT - if I saw you in that dress even with the tattoo I would be super attracted!

What Guys Said 17

• The quote doesn't do anything for me. I don't even understand what it means. If we met in person and I saw that tattooed on your body I would probably pretend to like it but secretly think you made a mistake getting it. Unless it has an extremely significant meaning for you? There are better quotes out there to choose from.

• how can you think its a mistake getting it if you don't even know what it means?

• Because its trying to hard to be unique. You don't want to put something on your body that someone already has. I get it. Your tattoo should be something you can look at and immediately find inspiration from. Could you do that with this? Could you also tolerate explaining what it means to you to everyone you meet for the rest of your life?

• I don't know why you keep asking about tattoos! I mean how many have to tell you that your body is SO PERFECT the way it is just the way it is. Anyway - I like this one better than the previous one you asked about. I think quotes like this look best on the ribcage - like going down. It would also look really good going across your neck (like on the back of it) It would be different if you werent so da*n attractive!

• What will be the tattoo? Is it just that quote? Depends on the image and size, if it's something medium I say behind the shoulder or right on top of your ass. If it's something rather small I say between shoulder blades and ontop of ass in the spine area.

Quote is weird and too long to be a tattoo but that's my personal opinion. I rather have a Latin phrase tattooed on my body :P

• why is the quote weird? and what too long? people get like full paragraphs sometimes ha..

• I think I just report your comment by accident, I'm sorry. As for the quote I don't think it's poetic enough to deserve a permanent spot on the body. I'm not much of a tattoo person, I think they're freaky and gross =/ But if a girl has like a cute tiny heart or butter fly on her wrists or ankle or back I think it kinda cute. So yea, I think it's weird to get a paragraph written on you permanently. If I get a tattoo with a phrase it would be something like "Vi veri veniversum vivus vici"

• "And I've seen your flag on the marble arch,

And love is not a victory March,

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah"

God I love that song, Buckley's cover in particular. Not a real huge fan of the tattoo though, your back is too...flawless I guess is the best word.

• jeff buckley? I guess if you like the song, though it's kind of random for a tattoo.

• Urgh, don't do it. If you had a hideous back I was gonna say hey, why not, but you don't. You'll want to wear revealing stuff in formal situations and you'll be slathering makeup all over it forever.

• Its a beautiful song, but pretty exposed, I don't know how I'll feel about it in a few decades.

Those lines in particular? Hmm. To me they suggest that there are different histories and people touch that which is real and true (love maybe) in different ways, which are still authentic.

• do you like any other lines from that song?

• I'd kind of forgotten, but even Cohen's versions have almost entirely different lyrics depending on when the recording is from.

"Yeah but I remember, yeah when I moved in you,

And the holy dove, she was moving too,

Yes every single breath that we drew was Hallelujah." is beautiful but heartbreaking. On account of it being past tense.

• Between your shoulder blades and it's a pretty good quote, I'm pretty sure I know it means. Haha

• Depends on what it is, but I think you'd probably look best with it between your shoulder blades.

• Honestly that is some of the most beautiful skin I have ever seen. If you put a tattoo on your body it would only make it worse in my opinion. By the way you are incredibly beautiful!

• Behind the shoulder. It's just my preference there's not reason.

• That could look good. I hope you don't mind me saying but you are incredibly beautiful!

• really depends on how you arrange it.

• Wow...perfect already.

• Go for it :)

• I don't know about the verses but don't get a tattoo.

• I think it's fine to get a tattoo, and even those lyrics if they mean something to you, but personally I don't think lyrics or similar should be on a girls back, maybe on ribs or hip...just don't think it would suit the back, and as stated below what happens when you wear a revealing dress for important events, do you try and cover it up or leave it to look a little tacky.

But most important do what you want to do.

• what if it was just one line from the song?

• Depends how it's done, but normally would suggest words go elsewhere, my brother has something like 'Live Life, Die with no regrets' and it really does look tacky, I would suggest googling a few word back pieces before doing it, just so you know it's not gunna be tacky, personally if you can cope with the pain, ribs looks really hot on a girl and is perfect for lyrics, etc.

• No you are lovely and a tattoo would not improve, only detract.

What Girls Said 6

• 1st of all your stunning!

lol second...i love tattoos and that is a perfect place but I think it will be a bit too long...if you can choose one line or shorten it somehow like ncsquirll99 said it would be MUCH more beautiful!

BUT! If the whole verse means something special to u, and you love it they it is, go for it ! don't let people change your mind...after all it will be on your body forever.

• Behind your shoulder

• did you make up that quote?

• No, benjamin franklin

• ok, what do you think of the quote though?

• i personally don't think very much of it.

• go for it! =D

• It would look so good! I love the words, Leonard Cohen you wonderful man!

• yeah, it would look great on your body.