Extended eye contact-it can only mean 1 thing?

People ask questions on here all the time about this guy/girl that always stares at me-does she like me etc etc, and most people answer yes, of course they like you and they want you to approach them/they want to approach you.

But then if you ask- this person always stares at me but they have a boyfriend/girlfriend most people answer saying they're just looking/appreciating your beauty and it doesn't mean anything.

That right there confuses the hell out of me. How can the 2 same things (extended eye contact) mean 2 totally different things depending on if they already have a gf/bf?

Surely, extended eye contact means there's something there-whether one person has a boyfriend/girlfriend or not?

Updates:
Meant to say how can the same thing (not 2 same things lol).

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that is the thing about US strangers GUESSING other peoples mindset.

Most of the time extended eye contact simply means a person is interested in another person. In what way that interest is directed - we can't tell just by that. That's the think we guess around the stuff the questioner tells us about his/her surroundings and the other persons actions, etc.

It's just human nature to be interested in others. However interest isn't always a good thing, like the person can think of "man, how ugly she is", too.

eye contact (extended) -> interest

nothing else

all other guesses are based on assumptions we do by the stuff a questioner tells about this other person

I hope this answer goes into the direction you want it to be, if not I might have totally misinterpreted it, then I'm sorry ;)

2|0
    1|0
    • Yeh it does thankyou very much-good answer.

• Show All
    • Yeh I get where your coming from-im the same-id only look into someones eyes if I was attracted to them.

• What you say icecream doesn't make my answer obsolete nor does it really go into a different direction. Especially your last sentence, you could look at him all day because you're interested but that doesn't necessarily mean you like him, does it?

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!