How to get a curvier body?

I'm athletic built, and I would like to get an hourglass physique. I'm not exactly a 'ruler' but I'd like to enhance my shape naturally.

does anyone know any tips and tricks? (i.e. way of dressing, exercises I can do)

thanks =]

Most Helpful Girl

• Your natural body shape is a result of your bone structure not your fat or muscle levels. Yes if you add too much muscle or fat you'll eventually start to look like a block or a round ball but it takes a lot to get to that point. There are things you can do to create the illusion of an hourglass figure fitness wise and fashion wise however. For fitness you need to work on adding size to your thighs and glutes which can be done by training with heavy heavy heavy weight when doing exercises that target your lower body. By heavy I mean so heavy that you need to pause to take a short break after doing only 5 reps. For your upper body you can do the same thing for exercises that target your chest, back, and lats. For your abs you don't do anything at all. Your core gets enough of a workout by just being a part of your overall fitness routine when you work out with free weights. You don't need to target it with stuff like crunches when you're getting in a nice total body workout with free weights.

What Guys Said 1

• Just to let you know...the fitness guru Jillian Michaels said the same thing about her body (how she was a boyish build and wanted to be more "hourglass-like"), and in one of her books I read at Borders, she talked about how she used weight training to:

1) bulk up around the hips

2) how she didn't work another part of her body (I think she said obliques; I don't remember)

...

...so she can "shape" her body to have more meat around the hips and less around the waist area.

-------------

I would look that up, cauz she had the same mentality as you and found a solution. :)

-P.S. Can you add me to your friends list, please? You're anonym so I can't add you lol.

What Girls Said 3

• Squats, running uphill and on a high resistance will all help your butt area. But you can't add fat where it isn't naturally (ie your breasts).

• Clothes that highlight your waist. Pencil cut skirts and dresses.

• As far as dressing goes, there are a few things you can do. A push up bra and/or tops that have a slight V-neck will help. Try adding a belt to your outfits near your natural waist, or look for dresses that have a piece of extra fabric (or sometimes elastic) sewn in near the waist area similar to a belt, to create the illusion of a smaller waist. A-line skirts and dresses that flare out at the hips will help as well.