Why do people hate blondes?

jokes, ugly names.. why? 60% of blondes are fake blondes, so they aren't stupid blondes but stupid brunettes. isn't it weird? what's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• those comments weren't made to hate on blondes, ther were made to hate on women :p

this type of insult starting forming when blond hair became really popular-- so women would dye their hair blond and some people claimed that the chemicals would go to your head and make you stupid. it didn't help that the popular personality type, and favorable one of society, at the time was a proper, but rather stupid woman who is very girly. you know, the dress, the vacuum, the pot, pan, and apron.

Back then, it wasn't very hot to be very intelligent :p and what made you intelligent was listening to your husband.

so that insult just sort of.. grew to encompass all blondes and then to all people.You can accuse anyone of being a "blonde."

What Guys Said 11

• people don't hate them. they make fun of anyone and everyone.

• It's not that people hate blondes, because they don't.

But the stereotype of the "dumb blonde" exists for a reason. Some girls ARE naturally, uh, "less intelligent" and used to getting by on their looks, so they have never even tried to work on their brain much, and these girls tend to say a lot of dumb things (that are often funny). And then there are lots of girls who dye their hair blond, and take on that dumb personality because they think it's what guys want (and I suppose, some do). Even though they are actually smarter, they act dumb, and again, use their looks rather than their brains.

This became a common-enough occurance that eventually, a whole series of jokes have been made about it.

But don't take it personally. I've known a number of blond girls who were very smart and not at all afraid to let it show. They had no trouble getting respect.

• I don't hate blondes.

• idk, and I don't really care.

• Dark haired woman are far more beautiful.

• they are, but this is not reason to hate other

• It is a opinion. (my opinion) Truthfully, I think woman get jealous and become haters towards blonde..? I don't know trying to think out of box...

• Hair color discrimination?

New news to me.

• It's jealousy.

Blonde girls look better than other girls, generally. I'm sorry but that's the naked truth.

• i only dislike fake blondes,waste of a perfectly good brunette :D

• In India..all are brunettes:) but they show blond girls doing idiot stuff on TV..i guess that's the reason..well its funny to some extent bt NOT COOL -_-

• Ehh not a single f*** were given that day. ^^ doesn't matter.

• blondes are cool.

What Girls Said 7

• they don't hate them,it's just that blondes are luckier dating wise,so jealous brunettes and redheads insult them and make stereotypes about blondes being dumb-i say that as a brunette.

• That might be true. However, I do notice when I put on a blond wig I suddenly forget how to parellel park, though my charisma rises so I'm better able to charm my way out of a speeding ticket.

• girly, they hate us because they ain't us! :)

• Hitler

• oh come on...you know exactly that for most people blond is the sexiest color -__-

• They don't. They are just jealous!

• hitler