Quality or quantity? Which one do you think is better?

15 shirts from walmart=50 or 2 really long-lasting good fabric shirts=40 ? what would you pick and why? Does it depend on what the item is as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to buy quality over quantity. Cheaper goods often have to be replaced frequently, not to mention, they don't look as good or preform as well while you're actually using them. It depends upon the item to a small degree, but because I'm not a fan of gross materialism, I'd rather have fewer objects in my life that are of high quality, as it forces me to make smarter purchasing choices before I open my wallet and pull out my credit card. It is a thought process, not just a price thing.

What Guys Said 4

• A mix of both.

I prefer quality over quantity for expensive and long term items such as shoes, coats and dress shirts. Ill go with quantity when it comes to tshirts and jeans.

Ill rather replace my clothes a lot than rock in the same tshirt 24/7 because its expensive.

Note: I only buy breathable fabric.

• Yeah, it depends on the item. I could do with 15 shirts, I don't need 15 front doors, right?

• nope ha ha :p good point I giess it just depends on the item.

• Hehe, yeah. That being said, the quantity of doors is probably more important than the quality, because if I get two reaaallly good front doors, I've wasted a lot of money, no matter how high a quality.

• rememebr stalin? he said, "there is a quality in quantity."

• Quality for sure.

What Girls Said 6

• Depends on the shirt. If they were just tee-shirts/v-necks then quantity definitely, I can change them up in an outfit. But other than that its always quality. A poorly made piece of clothing falls apart and tends to be unflattering when you wear it.

• how about mix of the 2? 7 shirts from walmart and one nice shirt.

• "The more the merrier." In my book..."Less is never more."

• 2 shirts for $40? No. More like one shirt for $40.

Honestly I spend a minimum of $30 for a shirt. Style & quality > quantity.

• i always go for quality.

• Lets say your budget is $50.

value brand shirt = $5

Good Quality = $25

Brand name = $50

For $50 you can buy 10 quantity shirts, 2 good quality or one brand name shirt.

You can also mix them and buy one quality shirt and 5 quantity. This is the best mix. Why?

If you care about your hygiene then you never wear same shirt for more than 2 days. Overtime they get old and fade. In less than a month a quality shirt will look like quantity.

Its also much cheaper to replace quantity item.

I would wear a "quality shirt" whenever I go out (party, date, etc.) and "quantity shirts" all other times.