Guys...what do you think when you see a tall woman?

I'm curious (as I'm about 6ft tall)

What do you think when you see a tall (about 5'10 to 6ft) semi attractive or very attractive tall woman? Do you notice them? Are you attracted usually or is the height turn you off?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'3", and if an attractive 6' tall woman walked into the room, I'd be blown away. Just as long as her heels aren't bigger than 3", lol. I love tall girls, and if she has a lovely smile to go along with it, I'll be lost in her eyes for hours.

• Thanks for BA!

• You're welcome! Hopefully I can find a guy who looks at me that way one day...a girl can dream : )

• dream away. I'm sure you'll find a great guy.

What Guys Said 23

• love it. smokin' hot. I think about how long those legs are and then, well... I have said too much already.

• You notice tall women because they stand out.

If she's confident in her height, it can be hot, and her legs will blow shorter women's legs away.

If she looks awkward about her height, its not hot at all.

You're going to get noticed more then shorter girls - even by guys who LIKE short girls. So look your best, and some guys will be very interested.

• i love them, so beautiful and sexy

• I certainly don't mind, usually attractive tall women have long lean legs and can be quite sexy. The issue is that most girls want a guy that taller than them or at least dang close, so asking out a girl who is considerably taller than the guy is not much of a consideration unless she seems interested in the guy.

• All depends on her body composition, while a girl taller than myself is usually not a good thing in my attraction book ( call it male ego) if her body composition matches her height then I would certainly be attracted to her still, even if I would not take things further.

• I'll notice her, and might be attracted to her, but if she's taller than me, I'll immediately discount her, as I'll assume she (like most other women) wants a man who's taller than her.

• Actually I'm OK with guys who are a little shorter than me

• Something I've never really considered before now. From a taller woman's perspective, you either stay in a strictly small pool of potential mates and miss out on opportunities to find really good guys who happen to be shorter than you, or you expand your way of thinking so that relative shortness isn't that much of a deal breaker.

Still, you don't feel like you'd be "settling" for a guy who's shorter than you?

• Its not a turn off, I just don't like chicks that are taller than me, I don't mind if she is my height (5'11) but anything taller would bother me a bit. Don't ask why it bothers me, I don't even know, but I generally don't like looking up to people in the literal sense.

• nah, I get why a guy would want a girl to be shorter than them. I was just curious what the overall attractiveness of taller women is in a general sense. I pretty much never get hit on/asked out, so I just wonder if the height has anything to do with it, that's all!

• Longer legs.

• only thought that comes to mind is because the legs are longer,or look so.

• if she is attractive, she's attractive you know? I once dated a woman taller than me and she loved to wear heels -- its all about confidence and being secure.

• I think she complains about her height then turns around and rejects guys for being shorter than her.

• so you're short I take it? lol

• I'm just making sure that my theory is correct, that's all. The height issue is a one-way street. That should also answer your question. Most guys don't mind your height, and if they do, it's because YOU mind.

• Oh, well I don't get hit on at all...so I personally never have the opportunity to reject anyone anyway! lol I just wonder if it's the height, but by your comment, I guess it's something else then that makes me unattractive : (

• Height doesn't mean that much to me. I prefer women who are shorter than me, but I'm 6'2" so that's usually not an issue.

• I swear it seems like women are getting tall as F***! I'm 5'11 and I would say one in 5 girls I see around here are taller than me. What the f***?

• where's that? Everyone is short around here! I'd say I'm taller than 95% of the people I'm around

• I think damn she wouldn't go for me.

• The height is not a turn off, some guys even like it. The turn off might be the fact that most women prefer a taller man, so if you're the same height or shorter it seems a waste of time.

• oh yeah, I'll admit that I'm guilty of saying that I want a taller guy, but I didn't realize that might discourage some guys who are at least my height (I'd date someone 6ft, maybe even a couple of inches shorter) I'll have to keep my mouth shut in the future! lol

• So sexy I love tall women (I'm 6 ft) I love long legs

• way to tall..not a turnoff but obviosly I have no chance with her..i prefer girls 5'4 or less..lol

• I really love them, tall women are a beautiful, gorgeous, hot, such a turn-on, seriously

• In Holland, 6ft is average size.

• I'm moving to Holland!

• one of my best gfs was 6'1" ( I am 5'11 1/2") I am more than fne with tall...but am OK with short as well...my wife is 5'2"...(:

• Oh she's tall, on to the next

• I'd like to climb that.

• I prefer taller women, but I like shorter ones as well. However, I'm the same height as you and if you wore heels or something, that will put you above me. It would depend on how you felt about that.

• I'd be okay with it, but I feel like most guys wouldn't be. That's why I asked the guestion...just curious what random men think, as it seems like most guys I know don't even see me as an option because I'm too tall. Of course it could be something else, but I get a feeling that it's the height that's an issue

• Yeah, some guys care about it. Some girls do too, which may put some guys off. But as long as you're okay with it, I'd be okay with it. I have no real advice, unfortunately.

• I think of david antiborough commenting on giraffes. " This young and vibrant yet unusually tall female giraffe struggles to find a suitable mate among the young heard"

• I'm normally like

"Man, she looks to be about 6' tall"

• eh, at least you notice them! ; )

• and don't forget the co-ed basketball team

• ehhh

Let's stick with volleyball

Basketball not so much

I am 6'2

What Girls Said 4

• Generally speaking, men prefer short(er) women. However, being a tall female is not a new concept, you are not the first tall woman ever.

There are guys who like and prefer tall women. They just so happen to be in the minority.

I think being your height you're gonna have to be open minded. Too many tall women want sympathy for men not preferring women that tall but they won't date a guy who is shorter. You're gonna have to have an open mind hun.

I think their initial reaction may be intimidation and some are willing to overcome that, some aren't(you don't wanna deal with those anyways haha)

• It generally depends on the guys height. Guys usually just want someone shorter than them (though some don't care about height at all).

I'm a giant, myself. I'm 5'10", and upto 6'2" in heels. I still get approached when I go out and whatnot. I was told that oddly enough, posture is a huge factor. If a tall girl walks proud with confidence, they seem more attractive. If they hunch and look miserably tall, it's more of a turn off. ENJOY your height and be confident :)

• This all day.

If you're tall, you're going to get noticed - humans notice tall humans! And you can get noticed with stooped shoulders looking sad, or you can get noticed in heels strutting around like an amazon. If you are an amazon, every guy will notice you - and 80% might be scared off. But 20% will be after you, and that's a looooot of men.

• Precisely :)

• Studies done say the majority of men prefer short women. But there will always be the minority that does in fact prefer tall. Might be harder to find a guy but not impossible

• They think, "I bet that's two midgets on top of one another."