Is underarm hair attractive in any way?

Is underarm hair attractive in any way? Or does it depend on how much?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on the girl.

For most, I'd say it doesn't work as it's very unfeminine.

But there are girls who seem to make the un-feminine thing work for them.

Sara Silverman, for example, is cute as hell but 5 minutes in her company and the one word that would never leap to mind is "feminine". She's also quite hairy. Not Robin Williams hairy, but hairy for a girl. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she had hairy pits, or a bush straight out of a 70's p*rno. (I don't think she does... I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if she did.)

I think she could get away with it, somehow. Like, it would suit her tomboy-ish nature.

What Guys Said 10

• Hairy underarms bother me on a woman - which is just how I've been conditioned.

Stubble does not bother me at all.

I have no explanation for these feelings beyond 'its what I'm used to'.

• Not for me, espescially with the types and cuts of clothes that women generally wear. Peoples underarms in general are areas that need to be groomed on a regular basis.

• For a women, no. Perhaps I'm shallow in this instance but any body hair on a women is a turn off, its that whole connection to guys being hairy than just makes you think (in this day and age) its wrong. Its not 10,000 because where this hair was part your survival so I don't get the point to it. Any girls that feel the same way about guys, I have no arguments against that either.

• No, it's pretty gross. Shave and shave often.

• Personally, I couldn't say I gave a f***. Hair is hair, as long as you keep the body odor down, I don't care. (Hair tends to retain body odor)

• Well I remember the old hippie days... underarm hair on a female does not bother me...underarms that smell like old stale onions do...(

• Thinking maybe I did not answer your question...for myself...it is not attractive..but it is not detractive either...(:

• no...its the biggest turn off for guyss...

• yes

• Nope, not attractive.

• Can't say that it is. We're already as a society conditioned beyond return to reject female body hair as anything but nasty, especially legs and underarms. As always, there's always exceptions in some niche, but it's obvious most people do not like arm hair on women. Increasingly, not even on men.

What Girls Said 5