I plan on getting a tattoo soon.. suggestions?

I was thinking getting a yellow rose on the top of my foot. The yellow rose is in rememberance of my great grandfather who recently passed away. Are there any areas that are less/more painful? My boyfriend and I are also looking to get tattoos together. We want to do something as a 'couple' but we don't want our names or anniversary date on it. any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Going with as a boyfriend/girlfriend to get couple tattoos is a very bad idea. My girlfriend and I were going to do that once, she was thinking of a playboy bunny and I didn't quite know what to get. A week before we were going to go together, I decided to surprise her with a matching playboy bunny tattoo on my arm. I even had it colored pink to match the one she was going to get. Well, she freaked out and was so mad for about a week. I then promised her that we could go together to get a tattoo like before, made the appointment and everything. She never showed, and for some crazy reason I just used the time slot to get a second blue bunny on my other arm (I'd put down a $100 deposit I was going to lose).

So for the past 3 years I've been stuck wearing playboy bunnies on my arms that I didn't even really want, and I'm still single and she got married last last year.

Think hard about any couples tattoos.

What Guys Said 2

• Just don't

• Just don't

What Girls Said 3

• is the yellow rose symbolic? because I really don't think it will look good once it gets a bit washed out.

• Yea the yellow is symbolic of my great grandfather who recently passed away. I'd love to keep the yellow involved.

• before you commit to getting a tattoo picture what it will look like when you're 80. will you and your boyfriend still be a couple or will you end up getting it removed anyways. Remember tattoos are permanent unless you want to go through a lot of pain to get it removed. but if you're comfortable with it I think the rose on your foot is cool but I wouldn't get a couple tattoo unless you know for sure that your "couplehood" will remain.

• I got my first on my hip and the pain was nothing like I was told. It felt like a pen being pressed against my skin.. Not bad at all. You know they say that couple tattoos are the kiss of death.. Be careful and pick a design you'll like even if the two of you break up. I think rib cage tats are beautiful but very painful. Tattoos on the side look really cool too. Just make sure your confident with your design and placing. The more excited you are for the tattoo, the less it will hurt!

• I'm just very worried about the pain. I have heard many different stories and they all describe the pain as something different. I guess it depends on the person. My there issue is the location. For my job I can't have viable tattoos (not a big deal but something I concider) thank you!