How can I put on weight?

I know a lot of people are trying to lose weight but I'm trying to put weight on.I weigh 47kg(104lbs)and I'm 5'5,ive been told I'm underweight.No matter what I eat I still can't put on weight and at the same time I ant to eat healthy..Everyone is always saying tou're so skinny and it makes me feel like crap as if I can't see that in the mirror..I've had health problems all my life so it may contribute to my weight.I know foods with carbohydrates in them like pasta can help,but half the time I don't even have much of an appetite so it's hard,I used to have like a protein shake but then not work out,but it didn't do much..How can I put on weight in a healthy way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Work out MORE. And take a weight gainer instead of a protein shake. You will put on good muscle and your body will not be starved of good fats (poly & mono unsaturated) it needs while you work out. It will make you feel better too.

One Gaspari Real Mass shake (they are big) will add 1200 calories to your diet every day. So you will gain a pound every 3-5 days depending on your metabolism. You won't get fat.

link

• But if I work out won't I lose the weight?i don't wanna be muscley haha

• No, because you'll be putting on muscle. You won't become muscle-y either if you focus on cardio or keep your weights low and your rep counts high. You can always adjust your intake if you feel you've reached your target too and only take 1/2 a shake a day.

What Guys Said 3

• I know you have said you have tried protien shakes, but the thing with protien shakes is its not a whole food, so do a search for liquid eggwhites and drink this between a healthy diet, or not? you will soon see that your body will accept the protien and start storing the calories, which will gain you weight, good luck,x

• Well, don't TRY to put on weight, maybe you're fine for your metabolisma nd your bone size..just eat healthy, try workng out a little bit, and any needed weight gain will come by itself.

• i can kinda relate. I'm a skinny dude (only weigh 120) and I have a really fast metabolism. if I were you tho I wouldn't worry about it so much. you'll most likely gain weight as you get older.

What Girls Said 4

• You have to force yourself to eat. Try eating 5 small meals a day. You should workout and build muscle. The protein shakes will be good to use as well. But try to eat a lot of protein (chicken, fish, nuts, etc.) as well.

• Well I'm 5'5 and I weight 103 pounds and my doctor said it's fine as long as I don't go under 100 pounds. Just because everyone says you are underweight doesn't mean you actually are and even if you are according to the BMI scale (like me), it also depends on your body frame, ethnicity, regular weight over the years etc.

If you really want to put on weight, I suggest doing exercise that will put on some muscle mass such as pilates.

• Why? You seem fine, people are just giving you a hard time.

Don't gain weight because of them. I am 5'2 and I weigh 110 which is only 6 pounds more than you. I'd say that you are fine the way you are, maybe they are just envious of your weight? Who knows, only gain weight if you start losing weight.

• My weight fluctuates,but I also think I need too as well,I have no stomach at all really and my doctor told me I am underweight..other people always suing omg tou're so skinny,gets annoying and it people always make comments,you can't be any weight without someone making some stupid comment,it makes you feel like sh*t

• Meant to say saying* and you're* lol

• Well I do know eating potato fries and drinking soda makes people gain weight

• It's my life story what you just said of underweight!! It's high metabolism and In order to deal with it you need to eat 3500 calories extra with healthy no junk food no chips<!! Workout and it will make your legs toned not muscle toned!! Try 30 day squat challenge and you'll see results!! Healthy like
    •granola
    •protein shakes or something that's healthy avoid junk food!!!