Is a polo and cargo shorts good for court?

I saw numerous men in them yesterday and out it wasn't right

Yea I was dressed up lol I thought he should have been too

Most Helpful Guy

• i just realized I never answered your question earlier, I just told a story and was out, hahaha. anyway, for my purposes, I intentionally disrespect the court because I don't respect the court system and I want them to know that, even at my own expense. I won't go into my whole ideology, and most people tell me I'm nuts anyway, haha. but I'd recommend other people dress nicely if you're looking to get off easy. I've had good luck, they could just as easily sink me if I got the wrong judge or ADA. So don't do what I do, I'm an idiot, haha. Where I live, in massachusetts, I think they don't even allow you in the courtroom in shorts. Pretty sure I saw some argument between a court officer and some dude there for court about shorts once, maybe twice. At least dress "business-casual", and if want to rock a straight-up suit, go for it.

What Guys Said 4

• when I was younger and used to get in a lot of trouble, I ALWAYS showed up to court in my OJ Simpson jersey. they f*cking HATED it, hahahahaha... but it was weird, I felt like they sort of respected my balls in a way, they always let me off easy.

• NO!

• Nope. Dress nice for court.

• one should show up in a court with some serious dressing...something like office

What Girls Said 4

• No, you should always dress nice for court. Nice shirt, tucked in a nice pair of pants with dress shoes. I dress up every time I've gone to court and always was one of the rare people who did. Majority of people don't, or at least where I'm from they don't. Its unfortunate. I'm sure they'd be taken more serious at court if they dressed up.

• just thought I say I really like your display picture. That is all. (since court is already over)

• For court? Way too casual, dress up for court

• i work at one. if you are a juror it is okay. if you are an attorney or court staff of some kind I would dress nicer than that. I'm only an intern and I wear pencil skirts or dressy skirts with button downs or a blazer or something business-like.