Why do girls cake on make-up?

Girls: What makes you think wearing 1000 pounds of make-up is attractive?

Boys: Do you find this attractive? If so, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they're clowns in training, don't judge.

What Guys Said 10

• It's not attractive to me, but I'm usually not like "ew gross." It's whatever. Sometimes girls do it to hide whatever "flaws" they think they have (thanks, beauty industry) and sometimes they just do it for fun because they like the look. It doesn't affect me if I don't like her personality anyway, so I'm neutral about it.

• Not attractive.

• eew no..generally most guys say its a turnoff..it might have been hot years ago..but NOW..it looks immature and tacky..it also adds a bit of sluttyness,vanity to a girl..which is even more of a turnoff..

my girlfriend keeps it simple..eyelienr,lipgloss..eyeshowdow..some mascara..not too crazy

• a bit of make-up to show off your lips and eyes, and to cover-up any minor things the girl desires is ok...

...but when it's obvious that she's wearing it, that's unattractive.

A little goes a long way. :)

• I don't

• I only like a little bit of makeup. Nice, dark eyeliner, some lip gloss, and that's pretty much it. Some eyeshadow, and nail polish is optional. I don't like it when girls wear a lot of makeup because it's hard to tell what they really look like. Especially when going to bed at night.

• Im not really one for it but if you must please let it be moderately light.

• Hell to No...it SICKENING...makes me want to vomit...(:

• I wear foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, concealer, under eye concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, brow highlight, eyeliner, brow pencil and brow gel everyday.

• Good for you.

• It is fortunate that we agree...(:

• Makeup is generaly an improvement. But as with everything, you can overdo it.

• Negatory should be hauled to the dump along with all the sh*t they wear.

What Girls Said 11

• It goes deeper than that.. to some wearing "1000 pounds of make-up" covers up insecurities and makes some women more confident.. I agree girls shouldn't need to create confidence with make-up but be confident in their own skin (it just isn't easy for most women).

I honestly don't care how much make-up a girl wears.. sure I notice but if she feels she needs that much whatever, it's up to her.

• The most make up I ever wear is a bit of eyeliner and mascara and some lip stick/gloss. I never wear foundation or blush.

I probably wear make-up about 3 to 5 times a month. I find the natural look more appealing.

• I don't think it's attractive at all!

You were created just the way you are to look the way you do. God didn't create you, step back, and go OOPS!

I wear eyeliner on the bottom half of my eyes, and sometimes not even that. The only other makeup I wear is mascara when I feel like being fancy, or chap stick when I'm feeling chapped! Haha. But no, it is not attractive at all, natural looks way better!

• <3<3<3=D

• Haha nice. If I forgot to wash it off before I sleep it flakes off into my eyes and is suuuper irritating!

• Yeah it really is! Ugh!

• Why do girls "cake" on make-up?

Because they like to "pie-l" it on! Get it? Pile it on! Hahahahaha! I crack myself up...

• Eh? Are you drinking tonight? And..you did not invite me?..?:/:/:

• Naa, I was stone cold sober...sorry to say.:D

• I think it's disgusting to use that much makeup everyday. I only use mascara, concealer and blush. However, I will say that cake-on makeup looks a LOT better in photos because it hides your imperfections and the camera doesn't pick up as much of the cakeyness that our own eyes would. I admit, I did put on quite a bit of makeup, maybe not caked, but it was for my grad photos so I wasn't leaving anything up to chance and they turned out really well.

• when I see a girl who caked on makeup I just assume she lacks skill and is just learning makeup and don't know how to apply it. I probably looked like that too in my early days of makeup

i do love heavy eye makeup though if done correctly. just not heavy pancake powder and foundation and concealer. that looks gross

• i personally do wear makeup but I put just enough to wear it looks really natural. for like foundation I don't really wear it I wear a tinted moisturizer just enough color to hide discoloration and keep my skin healthy, I wear just a little powder because I have somewhat oily skin and other then that I wear some bottom liner and mascara and some chap stick and some gloss and if I wanna dress up I put on some shadow but only browns and golds and not a too brightly colored lipstick or stain. its just enough to make me feel good without feeling fake

• Well that's good. I'm talking when it looks like you could scrape the sh*t off her face.

• i know girls that do do that and it makes them look like hooker barbie dolls lol

• They just use too much.

• The only kind of makeup I wear is eyeliner. I don't put in any foundation because I have a fring to cover it and I put vaseline on my lips ! Done, there, simples.

But there are girls who put on layers and layers on foundation, tan, concealer, press powder for no reason, and as a cherry on the top, lipstick lighter than their skin color!

Guess what? There guys love that though.

• I cut out all of the eye stuff (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, concealer, highlighter, etc.) awhile ago, since it started to irritate my eyes and I still feel fantastic without it. And recently I completely stopped using any powder whatsoever to "set" my makeup, and I find that my complexion looks *exactly* the same, so I'm really glad I did that.

Anyhow for everyday, I mix two types of cream foundation to match my skin tone and even it out, and then I apply some light blush to give my face a bit of color (since I'm as pale as pale can get). After that I'll put on some lipstick, but one that's neutral and not too crazy and/or heavily applied.

So overall:

- cream foundation

- light application of blush

- light application of lipstick

My view on makeup is pretty much this: I think it's perfectly okay to wear it, since (when done right) it really can be an improvement. But it's purpose really is to *enhance* a woman's pre-existing features, not create the illusion of features that she doesn't actually have, to the point where she looks like a completely different person. But overall the thing that I think a lot of girls miss is that at the end of the day, there's no need to fix something that ain't broken.

• Pale is beautiful! Did you know that royalty prided themselves on paleness, because they could afford to sit inside all day while the servants and commonfolk had to work outside all day for their food and living, and were tan?

• Hey yup I actually did know that! I do agree with you though, I think pale can be really beautiful too. It's just if I don't use a little bit of blush I'm literally as white as paper - with or without makeup. So I just like having a little bit of a flush to my cheeks :)

• I wear makeup everyday. And my boyfriend actually said he loves that I have my girlie side and that I always wear makeup. I feel and look better with it on, so why not? I'm not trying to be fake, just enhance my natural features.

• Well..the real question Tia...is not if you use makeup...even everyday...but what makeup and how much?..every guy is different..my wife wears some makeup most of the days of her life...usually eyebrow pencil and mascara...and she only wears the cheek crap for special occasions..and then...only blush...I do not complain...(:

• That was not my point..if he DID want you to..would you do that for him?

• Eh...Tia...you are not normally this obtuse...but...it does not matter as you are not dating me...but yes...I would be willing to quarrel with my girlfriend over the issue.../: