Girlfriend thought body was disgusting?

My girlfriend has recently broke up with me because I am an amateur bodybuilder and she said my body 'disgusts her' I'm not on steroids or anything I'm just ripped and rather muscly. Is that disgusting?

Like I said I'm not ridiculously muscular at the moment just what I thought was normal for a rip down stage its knocked me so bad that I haven't been to the gym this week as I'm questioning my own body

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• that's a rude reason to break up with someone, she must be pretty shallow.

But it's your body, if you prefer it that way, keep it.

I personally like when my boyfriend is a little squishy (to cuddle!:3) but not fat,

but the boy I'm with is stick thin with no muscle, I still like him for who he is.

Appearance shouldn't be the reason you date someone,

and people prefer different things so don't change for someone who wouldn't accept you the way you come.

I honestly think muscly is highly attractive.

Don't waste your time on that, be happy with the way your body is! :)

hope I helped..

• I just didn't realize people thought of exterior appearances so much. I also don't want someone just to want me for my body for me that would be equally bad

• I know. Society is messed up now, and people that get with people just for their bodies are probably pretty ugly on the inside. Keep your head up, you can do better than her(:

• Thank you!

• Its not particularly attractive to me but neither is fat... its just preference, don't let it stop you if its what you want to do some girls would love that.

• Dude, if any one of my friends would have read this they'd be like where's his number! Me personally as long as he has a good personality I'd probably date him, but that's only because I've been bulied kicked to the crurb, and been called fat. So body, isn't the first thing on my mind.

• That's the problem though I wouldn't want girls drooling over me my point is what does a body matter. So I have a lot of muscle covering what's inside but surely its not hard to see past that?

• Friend zone?

• being friends with the person before going out. I fyou decid to do that don't leave them there to long.

• no, don't second guess youself, because of what SHE said or though. see, I don't understand that mentality, you know how many girls would LOVE to have a guy whose body is ripped, and tone? YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE TO WHATEVER DEGREE YOU WANT, don't let anyones dumbass opinions phase what you do, how you look, or how you go about it!... I hope I helped you feel better:)

• Thanks :) most guys flaunt their bodies if they're ripped but I guess I'm just a gentle giant who wants someone that sees past my body. Fat chance of that in this society

• Was expecting you with some fluffy thing with paws haha

• lol, really? noooo hahaha.

• Depends on how buff are you.

Maybe you could post a pic?

• Like I said before I'm not ridiculously buff at the moment as I'm in a rip down stage

• Here's another theory to consider. It was a lame excuse to just break up with u.

• Very lame!

• Idk what you look like, so I'm not going to judge. But if you're super muscly then maybe.

• No most girls like guys that are muscly.

• That's what I thought but its really knocked my confidence

• I am personally not a fan of big muscles...I like a guy to be toned and a little muscular, but body builders gross me out...sorry : /

On the other hand, though, this girl knew you were into bodybuilding, so she should have expected you to have the physique of a body builder...not really fair to dump you over it

• It can be unattractive to some girls but why would she been with you at the beginning? Breaking up half way like this is suck.She should think wisely.

• She sounds like a real b!tch

• to me it's not attractive & it's weird looking especially if the guy is so muscular to the point that he has dinosaur arms

What Guys Said 5

• Don't listen to her and f*** her friends

• creatine marshmallow man

google that.

• sadly man the skinny fat hipster look is in right now

• Sorry to hear that fam.

• Apparently