Tattoos and piercings.. Hot or not?

So I'm only 16 but I already have the 4 traditional ear piercings, my belly button pierced, and a small tattoo on my hip.. I want my cartilage pierced and my favorite saying done on my rib cage. Ill probably stop there. You would never think. Id love tattoos and piercings because you traditionally see emo or goth people with them, but that isn't my style at all. 6 piercings and 2 tattoos seems like a lot, but they are not really visible until I show them off and they are done tastefully. What do you think of piercings and tattoos on a girl and in general?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends... if anything, keep them minimal. Belly-button piercings are hot, and small out-of-the-way tattoos are fine too, but anything more than that is really pushing it.

What Guys Said 6

• 16 is a little young for all that in my opinion, especially the tattoo since its permanent and you're young. I didn't get my first tat till my 19th birthday because I told myself to wait a year and if I still wanted it, then to go for it. The chicks I knew in high school who had tattoos at 16 were kind of on the sleazy side, but don't think I'm calling you that, I just think 16 is a little young for that kind of commitment. But overall, yes tattoos, and piercings, are very attractive, if they're tasteful. A huge African nose ring or huge gages and a tramp stamp that says 18 forever would be a turn off, but that's just an extreme example. Tattoos in general are becoming more accepted by our culture, practically every guy on my floor on campus has some kind of tattoo, and I know plenty of chicks with tattoos, which, for the most part, is very attractive. In summary, if they're tasteful, yes they're hot as hell.

• Don't care for them at all. A big turn off.

• A couple of piercings or tattoos look pretty hot, but more than that and it's too distracting. I don't have any piercings but do have two tattoos. I can't say I got my tattoos for the right reasons, if I had to do it over again I wouldn't have listened to my girlfriend who told me how hot these tattoos would be on me. We've long since broken up, but I have a permanent reminder because I'm forever wearing these playboy bunnies on my arms.

• Playboy bunnies? That's hilarious. I can't imagine explaining that one to your kids..

• Hah...before kids I'd need a girlfriend, and right now girls don't take me seriously with these bunnies...I need a girl who really, really likes the playboy logo since they'll be looking at it alot.

• Im sure your bunny tats are kinda cute.. Just date a playboy model! Because then you get a hot girl who has to love the playboy bunnies.

• Dislike a lot of em. I'm cool with 1-2 smaller tattoos if they have actual meaning to her. As far as piercings I'm cool with ears (except gages), and eyebrow piercings are okay. Nose studs are hot.

• sexy ass f***, especially if she's covered in them.

• NOT

What Girls Said 2

• That's almost exactly what I'm going to do lol. Both of my ears are doubled pierced & I want a nose & bellybutton piercing. Also about two tattoos.

• piercings yes, but tattoos definitely no! think about the future. how they will look after 5 years? green and blue marks..

• I do worry about having a baby and my hip tattoo stretching out while I'm pregnant. That won't look too hot..