Why all the hate for UGG boots?

I've seen a fair bit of hate on UGG boots here recently and I don't quite understand why. I think UGG's on women are cute. Like when a hot girl walks in and she's wearing a pair, with her jeans tucked into them. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I like it, ha.

I can't say the look works for all women, but even then, someone enlighten me on why they're so hideous 'cause I don't see it... ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• i think they're cute and comfortable and warm. and for winter, warm is what counts

i don't get the hate either expect people seem to need something to hate and uggs just happened to be it

• For sure... here in south California tho, women still wear them a lot, and it's fairly hot out most days... It's crazy! Still look good so I ain't complaining, haha.

What Girls Said 15

• On the right girl and with the right outfit they look can look great. Personally I like them because they're comfortable...great shoes for wearing after dance practice.

• I think it can be really cute on some (especially shorter girls), it usually bugs me when girls wear them 24/7 with dresses or track pants. They do look super comfy though..

• I understand why a lot of people don't like them. And I'm pretty sure it's hate for the traditional UGG boots, since UGG sells different styles of shoes. The reasons are: it's very popular, on the pricey side, almost no foot support, and not the most attractive looking boot. (Again, I'm talking about the classic UGGs.)

Now that didn't stop me from buying a few pairs because when you live in Chicago, you can expect just about anything to gust your way. They really are warm and comfy, and they feel just right when I have to run a quick errand. Of course, I have my own sense of style and would wear the appropriate shoes/outfit for school, outings, etc.

• Well there name plays a big part.. LOL UGG (LY) Just kidding.

• Finally, someone who understands... THANK YOU :D

• They are warm and I like the look. Not sure why so many people hate them. You have to wear the right outfit with them though, like one time I saw this gilr wearing them with shorts and no leggings...EWWW?

• I don't care for the shape of them...they make the feet look like giant hooves...and then of course you have some girls who try to wear them with dresses and I just don't like how it looks...I think they can look okay with jeans, but there are so much cuter shoes that don't cost $150 (or however much they cost)

• I like the shape of them... and they look GREAT with jeans. :P They really cost that much tho? A tad steep... lol

• It's basically a trend to "hate" UGG boots.

I also think a lot of it has to do with the price & the fact that they are pricey which is why you don't see people hating on fake ass EMU or Bearpaw

• I hate them because they're overrated, ugly, and animals are killed to make them.

• I personally don't like them, they are ugly and shapeless.

• They're just not an attractive shoe. Period.

• I beg to differ... ;) I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're "attractive" tho.

• Like they're not unattractive, but they are not attractive either

• I just think they're a good look, if the girl can pull it off...

• I love them! I live in Ohio and its always cold, I wear mine a lot and they are super comfy! I never knew guys found them attractive...haha that's a nice bonus!

• They do look warm... you'd be surprised tho, you see a ton of women wearing them even in southern California in 70-80 degree weather! It's like "aren't you really hot?!" lol

• because they are kind of big and chunky. I don't think they are always awful but I think the short ones are kind of ugly in bright colors. the tighter ones with the zippers aren't so bad. they aren't feminine and sexy compared to other shoes maybe that's it

• i think uggs are cute and there's brand name associated with the boot too. may be why some women wear them and that can be annoying in itself. like someone who wears ralph lauren polo so as to appear to have some level of esteem yet doesn't wear polo for the sake of playing polo :o) or sorta like someone who wears an addidas or nike track suite yet isn't into sports or fitness? and then they're spotted in McDonald's or wherever filling their boots (may be ugg boots for that matter :o)

• no idea but they sure are comfy!

What Guys Said 4

• I don't get it either. Unless they are the only pair of shoes they have, there's nothing wrong. The hate for them seems funny to me.

• Well just for the sake of how they look by themselves, I agree I think they're kinda cute too. Thing is, they're not wearing a boot, they're wearing a f***ing sandwich board that says "I'm wearing what's cool, and fab. Everyone look at my expensive footwear." Doesn't do it for me.

• I agree with you so much.

• I only like Uggs on a girl if she is small and the Uggs are pretty small because she looks cute. But, there is this girl named Kaila that wears Uggs but she can't pull it off.