Why do women wear make-up if it makes them look older?

Since so many women like to wear make-up,are they aware that it makes them look older most of the time?I think make-up masks the freshness of youth and don't understand why women use them if they are at the same time trying to look younger by spending so much on skincare products.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because I look way younger than my actual age, but I agree with you. For the most part it does mask the freshness of youth. Especially matte foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, false lashes, contour, etc.

I think a little mascara, light rosy blush, sheer lipgloss, white or taupe liner on the water line actually complements youth.

• Oh yeah and the thin or very arched eyebrows along with contouring are the main things that age women. Especially the eyebrows. Eyebrows should be full and softly arched or straight if you want to look young. If they look like Megan Fox's they're too arched.

• If you're Asian you most likely have decent eyebrows already. I have nice eyebrows naturally so I don't really do anything to them. Some Asian girls do like to fill their brows in a bit. Same here. I'm Asian and I have a baby face and sensitive skin. That's why you shouldn't use too much makeup. I don't think 2-way cake looks bad unless a you have dry skin type.

• Ok,thanks a million!Take care! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I think they do it because they think it looks good, and I don't think they realize it makes them look older. Some people just don't know. Watch that show "What not to wear" and some people think things look good when it doesn't. It's the same thing with makeup, some people lay the makeup on so thick it looks bad, but they think they look amazing. Sometimes it's good to see themself on film or in a picture someone else took to know for sure :P

• Idk how to answer this question...you asked it so one sided...I am planing to be a makeup artist...and I really think it depends on the way the person naturally looks..and how much and how they put the makeup on.

• I have a baby face, if I looked any younger people would think I was in middle school.

• when you're young, looking older is a good thing

• If your makeup makes you look older than your wearing it wrong. It's meant to bring out your features, and cover blemishes ( if you have any) some people don't look as good in makeup, or more so, don't know how to apply it well because of their application techniques. Those in which I say should look into furthering their knowledge about makeup.

• it might age us when we are young but when women are past a certain age...probably 40s and up, but it depends on the woman, she looks older without makeup on. sure heavy makeup won't look good but looking pale and washed out and not made up can make somebody look VERY aged.