Why do so many people like to dye their hair when they have no white hair?Does this have to do with character?

I am an Asian with black hair and have never dyed my hair before. A hairdresser once told me that black hair like mine is now rare in my country as everybody is dyeing their hair. Haha.

I wonder why people do it if they have no white hair and look so much better in their natural hair color. On top of that ,chemicals are bad for the scalp too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually I just dyed my hair today and I'm Asian too. I don't mind having black hair - have had it for a year now and don't have any complaints about it. But I just wanted a change - sort of like changing the style of glasses I wear or the color of the eyeshadow I wear.

For me it has nothing to do with wanting to be western or whatever. My hair is just another part of my body that I can use fashion-wise.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Color change, style change, etc.

• i just dye my hair blond because up until a year ago, it was strawberry blond naturally & then it started to turn brownish red D:

• I dyed my blind hair brown once just to see what it would look like. Keep your natural hair, it looks weird and unnatural when Asian and black women dye their hair blond, red and light brown. Unnatural