Why do some men dislike tattoos on women?

I'm not talking about cheap/trashy tattoos I mean artfully done and original tattoos. I don't have any tattoos right now but I was thinking that maybe in a couple years when I move to Japan I would get a custom one done by a master. I would want it to be partially on my back and partially on my side leading from my hip to my ribs.

A few of my guy friends are like 'NOOOO!' and I don't really understand why. They just say that they don't like it on a girl. What is so horrible about tattoos on a woman? Don't just say 'I don't like them.; Just don't bother answering if that's all you have to say. I would like real reasons. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get that either. However, for every man I find that doesn't like it, I find several that either don't mind or love it.

Its frustrating, because although you are getting it for you, and you love it, there is still a part of you that gets pissed off. I think we get mad because we feel like the guys are assuming that we do or don't do it based on a man's reaction, that's just my own opinion though.

If I had to assume, I would either say some guys find all tattoos trashy, or it ruins the "pristine" or "perfect" image he has of a woman.

What Guys Said 8

• It's artistic, yes of course. Some are really beautifully done, with creative designs, of past memories, and in vibrant colors.

Personally, I just prefer a woman without one, that is all.

• Because they look bad I just don't like them.

• if she got one in japan it wouldn't matter that I liked tattoos cause all id be thinking is "weeaboo"

• hahaha not quite, no anime tats XD

• my dream girl is covered in tattoos actually.

• uptight and/or religious nuts.

• Nothing-Repeat NOTHING is superior to a female's soft skin and tattoos just make a good thing busy. Girls can get all the tattoos they like but I don't have to like it. Nor do I have to date them.

• When I see a woman covered in tattoos I avoid her like the plague in the same way I do with a woman who smokes. It looks disgusting and makes them look masculine

• Some people dislike tattoos in general. I don't think they look good on bourgeois wannabes. It reeks of weekend warrior and thus weakness, in my opinion. Natives living off the land hunting game with spears can pull it off.

What Girls Said 0