What age do you think a girl should start wearing makeup?

I mean, lets be honest; we're absolutely plain without makeup or we at least feel it. But what age or age range should we start? And how much should we put on? Just mascara? Perhaps no foundation?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think there are "should's" when it comes to "when" you start wearing makeup. if women feel comfortable without makeup, they shouldn't feel pressured by society or anyone to wear it. once you start wearing it, a lot of the time you become reliant on it. I mean obviously no one should be caking it on, especially girls of young ages but if and when and how much depends on the person.

my parents let me do my own thing when it came to makeup and it was my way of finding my own individual style/identity. in grade 5 I wore eyeliner. it was quite thick and I wasn't good at it. grade 6 I stopped wearing makeup except for the occasional lip gloss. grade 7, no makeup, as well as grade 8. grade 9 I wore eyeliner on my bottom waterline and eyeshadow and that's it. grade 10-i learned proper eye makeup and wore that but nothing else. once I got out of high school I learned the whole works but I learned how to make it extremely natural. to this day I wear natural looking makeup and I base it on if I have acne, how tired I look or am that day, etc. sometimes I wear no make up at all.

women should do their makeup the way they want/feel the need for as long as it makes them feel confident. they shouldn't make it look unnatural or cakey in my opinion but when and how much is up to them.

What Guys Said 5

• Whenever she feels like wearing it. Every girl has her own opinion and feeling about when she would like to edit her looks with makeup. But, I do recommend starting only with a little mascara, and maybe some nail polish, and that's it. Don't instantly jump to all the other stuff.

• When she needs it. I don't like most makeup, just enough to make you look younger and healthy, but not all glamorous!

Although I like eyeliner/shadow any time.

• you can start at any age as long as you don't exaggerate, if you are younger than a little won't hurt

• NEVER! But...mascara is good...PLEASE hold the foundation...ugh...(:

• 40 years

What Girls Said 3

• Whenever you feel comfortable. I noticed girls started wearing it in 7th grade. As far as how much ,everyone differs. I never were more than eyeliner , mascara , and somthing on my lips (gloss or balm). Just remeber , makeup is meant to enhance features , not cover them up.

• well in my house I was allowed to start wearing eye shadow at 12 so that's the rule I had for my girls. At 12 they were allowed to wear eye make up and lip gloss with alittle color tint. we made a big production about going out and getting good make up and going to a make up counter and showing them how to put it on where it was age appropriate...that was about 6/7th grade. Then in 8th grade they were allowed to wear some kind of lip stick instead of just gloss and mascara and some coverage powder. So I kinda did it in stages I guess.

• different makeup styles look good on different people.

it should be natural looking, enhance rather than change.

i like the idea of playing up the eyes and keeping the rest light.

i started wearing makeup after I graduated junior high. granted, I did an awful job for years. 15-16 seems like a normal age to start. 13-14 maybe only something very light. if a girl was under 8th grade or so and wearing makeup I would think she's a bit young.

hopefully she'll have someone to teach her how to do it right. my mom let me figure it out myself and it took years to get a good makeup look, I used to wear way too much and the wrong kinds, etc. at least my little sister will have me to help her though