Insane idea or awesome?

I love tattoos. I used to be intimidated by them as a kid, but as I grew up, and grew more and more different from the rest of society, I eventually came to love them. Now I'm heavily tattooed. It made me think of something.

People's usual response to getting a tattoo is "omg they're permanent hell no." They're afraid they would get something they would regret later. But what about this tattoo?

I'm talking about a family crest. A tattoo that specifically identifies you as part of my family. It wouldn't be big, something not visible and unique. I would make it a family tradition for the son/daughter's during their 18th birthday to go and get this tattoo. I wouldn't force them to, but it'd be something they could mark themselves with as part of my family. I would want this to continue on through generation after generation. Why? Because I believe that family is forever.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• That actually sounds cool, If my family got us tattooed with family crests I'd wanna show it off all the time.

Random but I saw this in an anime before, only it wasn't a family crest, but a tattoo for a brazillian gang that the father for some reason tattooed on his baby girl's stomach. It was two feathers crossing over each other with the initals under it. :D

What Girls Said 7

• I never thought of the possibility of getting a tattoo of the family crest, but I'm certainly going to keep it in mind now.

Your idea is cool; I would have been more comfortable with the idea of getting a tattoo to begin with if it had been clearly okay with my family like that.

• If ya want a tattoo, get it. Me I'm 2 days away from 26 and already have I don't know high 20's low 30's in tatts. I am very different from other people and if I want it at the time, I get it. I do it my self if I have to. And later in your life, you have a story for each one. Even if its just a short dumbass one.

• For the entire human population? Insane.

For you? Normal.

Nah seriously though, we have that in my family. My grandpa had a cross on the inside of his wrist with his birth date on it, and so did his dad and his dad. Recently, my cousin who's my age did it. So I don't think it's insane at all.

• I think that's a sick idea :) That being said, I'm rather partial to tattoos, family and tradition so it's pretty neat :)

• i love it.

• Awe that's great! Do it! hopefully your kids will want to carry it on that'd be awesome

• I think its a great idea! Go for it...

What Guys Said 7

• Nah, I have two sides of the family that are totally different and to associate with one of them wouldn't make much sense.

I can see it working for families that are generally homogenized (mostly single race,similar cultures).

• chinese mambo jambo :D I think its awesome

• Put it over your whole face so everyone can see and show your respect!

• might be a bit insane

• i think its a good idea

• LOL

"I grew different from society" so you got covered in tattoos.

Ur so lyke, dark n'stuff! You tots should b my bfffffffffff, I bet you git all da gurls.

• Hi there.

Actually the quote is, "I grew up, and grew more and more different from the rest of society."

If you're actually going to quote me, I suggest that you actually quote me. Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of using quotation marks doesn't it?

Flattered, by the way.

• Got lazy. Just saying its a tool thing to say. So is inking your 18 year olds so they are just like you. Teach them to be different by being the same as you. Cool strategy, brah.

• That's the point. They're all part of me, and my family. That's why it's called UNITY.

Now distribute that quality amongst the rest of your mental faculties and you would perhaps present to me more acceptable materials for trolling.

Thank you.

• Well it's nice if you have a family crest but not many people do.

• link

Type in your last name in the search bar here and you'll see

• They just have random coats of arms on that site. Even for families with well established coats of arms that site didn't even match them. The didn't do their research. =)