The Kim K makeup style?

I'm calling it the Kim K look because it seems as if she really is who made the look popular. You know, smokey eye, heavy makeup and thick brows, and contouring.

link

link

link

What do you think about this look? I'm conflicted on the issue. If done right, it can look very good, but it's not really wearable unless you're at the club or a photo shoot. Def not an everyday look. But then again I've seen girls who do wear it everyday and I think its a little "much". What do you think? I wanna learn how to do this look, even if I don't wear it myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not quite sure if the 2nd girl did the Kim K look well, but the blending is great. You're right, it is a little too much makeup for everyday. But it is a nice look for special occasions. Her look is a bit more iconic just because her look requires A LOT of contouring. Oh my goodness... when I tried to mimick her look, I couldn't believe how much contouring I had to do (even my eyes were contoured). Anyway, if you have these eye shadows: matt cream color, matt tan/muave, and shimmering dark brown, you can probably get the look easily with a blending brush.

What Guys Said 3

• Like anything else Kardashian does, it looks faked and over the top.

• Never been a fan of her makeup style. Less is more, babe!

• First pic duck face... Nuff said.

Second way to much, especially around the eyes

Third, meh..

What Girls Said 10

• It is a little much for everyday wear - but if you feel like going all out and getting dolled up - it works.

The only thing I don't like about it is the thick brows - there's a subtle masculine vibe that kind of conflicts with the look.

I think if the brows were defined but not so severely - it would be a gorgeous night out look.

• Ehhh I don't think she was the first to make it popular lol. But I like it, its just something I don't usually go for all the time. I know a few girls that always do it though, even if they're just going to get coffee. Its pointless to me to do it that much especially since its not an everyday look. Also, there's no in between with it. It either looks good or it looks terrible. You have to really know what you're doing with makeup when you do it. Also, you have to know your colors and what looks best on you. Otherwise it will just turn out a mess.

• Personally,im sort of indifferent to it.She always looks like she is in DRAG.I was able to see her in person with all of that makeup on and she resembled a doll...not an actual person.Anyway,i think MAC cosmetics made that look popular..not really Kim.Everytime I go to a Mac store I see the artists with that look...and drag queens.

• I agree with you. I think it's stunning for night-time make up, but during the day it is wayyyyy too heavy. I'm pretty good with makeup application (my sister is a makeup artist and I was her guinea pig) and I sometimes do similar styles when I go out. Quite frankly, it's just insanely fun to put on. But during the day, I think it's better to stick to fresher, more natural makeup.

• I like the 3rd link best. Somehow it looks more natural on her.

I don't like those blocky stencil eyebrows at all. The second link looks especially blocky.

• i like it,but yes,not for everyday,but without the dark eye shadow (just eyebrows+light eye shadow+lashes) it could be worn normally

• I really like how she does her make-up, I'd do it like that.. one thing I'm not a fan of is extending the eyebrows.. you can clearly tell they are penciled in and made to look longer - Don't really get that.

• Love it on her, Kim Kardashian's makeup is always flawless! Not sure about the girls you linked to...

If you think you can pull it off, you can find plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

• wow the first link scared me lol. I agree I think it is a bit much for everyday wear, who wants to wear fake lashes all the time? I don't understand how everyday her makeup is done to the nines. She is pretty without makeup!

• Too heavy