Look/act same age?

Have you met someone assumed they were the same age and then realized that they are much older/younger than you?

Do you continue to want them or does your mindset change?

Thinking that now this person is too young/old.

This guy is 48 I am 30, I look/act older and he looks way way younger.

Take it as it comes or think what about the future?

Have you been with people you thought were your age only to discover that there was actually a large difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I both look really young for my age and I go to music shows a lot where there's mostly teenagers so everyone there assumes that I am a teenager too [I'm really 21.] Sometimes I get hit on by teenage guys and when I reveal how old I really am they act really shocked and make a big deal out of it. They usually lose hope on me not knowing that I actually have a thing for younger guys [though it's wrong!]

There was this one guy 3 months ago whom had hit on me and I could tell that he was really into me at first [well at least the way I look.] I had asked him his age first but he said that he wouldn't tell it until I tell mine. I made him guess [he was getting way off! starting from age 17 and going down] and when I finally revealed my age he told me that he's 18 and a senior in high school. Even his myspace profile says that he's 18 so I believed him. Two weeks later we made out [and then some] but then things got complicated and we got really mad at each other. A couple weeks after that I kinda revealed what happened between us to some of his friends and they were saying that he's 16 while I was 20. I told them that, no, he told me that he's 18 but they were positive that he's only 16! I got even madder than I was before because of him lying about his age to me and what we had done and what we could have done. A few weeks later [which was about a week ago] we miraculously became friends again and I casually asked him if he's really 16 and he nodded his head yes. That explains his immaturity sometimes, and I did think that he looked young for an 18 year old. But another sad thing is that I still have some feelings for him and I tend to talk about him too much still...

What Guys Said 3

• I'm 16, almost out of highschool and people say I look like I'm 12. I'm a cute little teddy bear ^.^

• I was (still am) absolutely crazy about a girl, I found out she was 18 when I was only just 16. It's not a massive difference, but at this age it really seems like it is.

• If you think that's bad then try imagining a 16 year old guy with a 20 year old girl! But of course that 20 year old girl [me] didn't realize that he's 16 because he lied and said that he's actually 18.

• Well, I used to have a job working at a souvenir shop along the beach in Palm Beach, FL. I was 19 at the time and there was this REALLY hot girl who would come up to our store everyday to buy some bottled water. She'd flirt with me sometimes. I would have guessed her age at the time to be about 17-18, because she looked like she should be posing for Playboy and definately looked like puberty had run its course with her, if you catch my meaning. Well, after about two weeks she comes in one day with her older brother, who looked younger than her. So I asked her how old she was and she said she was only 13! I was blown away! I mean seriously, what is a guy supposed to think or feel when a girl who's that young looks that much older?

What Girls Said 6

• ya this happened to me this guy were talking and he was say how would should go out and do something sometime, well any way he was my horse shoer and we had to set a time for him to come back and reset my horse and he said well I can do it in the morning and I said no that won't work because I have school and he said well what time is your last college class and I said college I am still in High School. He said Oh, and we never talked about going out again he is 24 and I was 16. I act a lot older

• my current boyfriend is ten years older than me,its not a problem for me or him,we get on great have similar tastes in music and films same sense of humour etc it might sound cliche but age is just a number,if you really like the guy/girl their age won't be an obstacle,he says I act older than I am which is maybe why I find older men attractive as I feel we are on the same level,and the idea of being with him for the forseeable is great, if you love someone enough any problems that might crop up in the future such as illness won't put you off and I think as long as what you want from the relationship is the same thing then that's all that matters,

• When I met my husband, I thought he was just a year or two older than me. Turns out, he was actually 6 years older (which us a huge difference when your 18 and he's 24).

• i've had it the opposite way round. I really liked this guy who was 21 and he liked me (supposedly) but when he found out I was only 17 he started to talk to me less and less and eventually ended it with me, I was heartbroken!

not much help but just thought id give the opposite side to the story

• yeah, I am 14, people usually think I am 16 or 17, but I act younger than my age

• Yes! When I met my now ex-boyfriend I assumed he was the same age if not older only to find out he was actually quite a bit younger. I couldn't believe it and was sooo disappointed. I started to blow him off but he was persistent and I got over it. I liked him...

I say take it as it comes. You obviously like him and it's his 48 years of experiences that makes him the interesting guy he's become. My only advice would be to have the, what do you want out of life talk. If you're in 2 different stages then that could be a problem.

My younger guy already had his career going and had bought a house... we seemed to be in the same place. I don't know how he got there so soon but whatever. If your guy is ready to slow down and thinking retirement and you're thinking career and kids then that's a problem.

Just start chatting about future goals/ambitions. Don't shut him out until you've talked about it.