Eye color contacts. How do I get them?

I have never, I repeat, NEVER used them before but I would really love to try it.

What is there to know? How do I get them? What do I need to do etc etc to get them?

Is it true that I need to go to a doctor so that (s)he will "masure" my eyes to see what size my eyes are? or whatever reason I would have to see a doc first, I think they're called a "ophthalmologist". um anyway, weird question maybe but, again, never ever done this before. Would love to but I don't know how, where to get it how to it it etc etc.. I really don't know ANYTHING here so please enlighten me :-)

Yes that it is Kim kardashians famous behind right there :p

Most Helpful Girl

• yes you have to go to the doctor I actually went to a fashion optical store and the doctor did everything for me, they have to check your eyes because even if you knw your prescription number, its not enough, for contacts they have to see which brand will fit you most, thin ones or thicker fit you best, daily ones would be better for you or biweekly, they will check your sensitivity or if you have glaucoma, and check if your cornea may be damaged by them, they also customize the size diameter for your pupil size and order them for u. you can't just buy them randomly from any website and wear them it can be dangerous and you may get infection.

at the doctors place they teach you how to wear them and everything make you practice, and it was so worth it for me.

• Yup going to the doc sounds like the most reasoneable thing to do. Anything else would be stupidity.

What Guys Said 5

• 1. If you do not wear glasses or have prescriptions, no need to go to the doctor to measure your eyes if you do not want to.

2. If you do, they will be a better more confortable fit and you will get expert advice.

3. You can get generics online, they will be uncomfortable if you have never worn them before.

4. You will need to learn how to put them on properly, and clean them properly or you will end up with an eye infection or even damage your eyes.

What I recommend, go buy one online try it out, read up on how to put them on, clean them, (YouTube). Do not buy the fancy designs because they will distort your vision and if you are not use to them you will get a headache.

• Not going to the doc sounds like too much of a risk. I think I should do that. Thank you so much. Everything you wrote is new to me. I had no idea. Thanks :-)

• i don't know anything about contacts but I like your picture xD oh and by the way its really funny that next to your question I see online contact lens store add xD

• I am almost a 100% sure that is kim kardashian..

• ugh sorry here's the link www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Fashion-Crazy-Contact-Lenses/dp/B002N02THM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329663576&sr=8-1

• I didn't downvote you and thanks for the lonk but I think that's too risky. I don't want to harm my eyes in any way so I guess seeing a doc first would be the best thing to do here.

• What color are you going for?

• Girl you don't need them.

• please..don't..as a guy I hate when girls do these things

What Girls Said 8

• I saw some the other day for $20 in a cheap clothing/wigs/shampoo etc...store the other day. But I live in USA. Supposedly one size fits all. They had about 30 different colors. I almost got a pair but my boyfriend wouldn't let me. Lol. I bet you can find them on the internet..

• A girl I knew went to a store like that to get purple ones. She had blue eyes, and they just made her eyes look really dark, but then again they were really cheap.

• I see some at beauty supply stores but I wouldn't trust it..costco has some but you need a prespcription

• My friend got those and she found from a doctor that they're actually illegal and can make you blind but she still wears them sometimes. You definitely need to go to the doctor and she always puts them in this liquid substance to clean them and the doctor will tell where to get it and everything you need to know.

• Here's a site I just found...

link

• Hazel eyees

• Go to your optician! Do you even know if you need contacts?!

• Are you asking if I need eye color contacts? I don't "need" them no lol

• No, contacts in general. I'm only asking because you said you haven't been to your optician yet and I know not everyone can have contacts, it depends on what's wrong with your eyes etc. Or are you wanting them purely to change your eye color..?!

• Oh... Well no I don't use glasses nor contacts.There's nothing wrong with my sight I guess that's why I have never been to a optician before. Yes I purely just want eye color contacts to change the color of my eye.. Why?

• Yeah you need an eye checkup because everyone has a different sized eye and the contacts need to fit. They just examine you and order lenses after. My place has me try a sample pair and if those are good I order a supply

• Yeah? I was guessing so. Some people told me that it is bullsh*t and that everyone has the excat same size. Guess I was right ha :-D

• Try circle lenses. They come in different colors and there are prescriptions if needed